Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

"I love your 993!"

Jcx

Estoril
How do you respond? You're sitting in your 964, just leaving the pub, when a chap who is clearly appreciative rocks up on his motorbike and says "I love your 993."

My wife thought I should correct him but I didn't want to reward his enthusiasm with a lesson in classic aircooled silhouettes.

So I gave him a thumbs up, said thanks, and rumbled out of the car park.

What would you have done?!

I would have driven over his Honda Davidson :mrgreen:

It was obviously a compliment :grin:

Joe

Give him a slap with your 964 Owners Handbook and tell him that you dare not take your 993 out of the garage for fear of reducing its value ... :grin:

flying_scotsman said:
Joe

Give him a slap with your 964 Owners Handbook and tell him that you dare not take your 993 out of the garage for fear of reducing its value ... :grin:

Here's the thing, I'd rather someone show interest and compliment the car and get it wrong rather than showing no interest.

Jcx said:
I'd rather someone show interest and compliment the car and get it wrong rather than showing no interest.

Totally agree - my earlier remark was flippant, as I'm sure you realised.

My 964 regularly attracts some complimentary comments at the petrol station.

I would take it as a compliment. Has anybody seen any 993 to 964 back-date projects yet?

MC

MarkGolf said:
I have a nice Guards Red "993" that he can give me 993 money for if he wants..

No point throwing money away Mark, just ask for 964 money and pocket more ;)

Chris

Your beard must have been needing a trim mate :grin:

Has your 964 been left out in the rain?

I only ask, as a 993 is basically the soap-on-a-rope version of the 964 (albeit with more advanced suspension).

GT4 said:
Has your 964 been left out in the rain?

I only ask, as a 993 is basically the soap-on-a-rope version of the 964 (albeit with more advanced suspension).

LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back