Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Classic, agreed value, limited mileage insurance for 993

adamw said:
Ok
After trying all of the above the only one that comes close is "aib" who offered a high net worth policy through "hiscox"

Price was similar but they quoted some nice benefits:

Pros
-auto agreed\guarenteered value with no need to send proof
-can use whoever you like as a repairer in the event of an accident
-like for like courtesy car available
-UK and euro Breakdown
-legal cover
-6k per year mileage
-open driving... anyone can drive my car comp without being named (over the age of 30)..I can drive comp on anyone else's car.

Cons
-£500 xs (but this can be waivered if you don't take the courtesy car in the event of a claim)

Any experience of Hiscox, good bad or indifferent ??

Hmmmmm :?:
Classic line and equity red star or aib and hiscox????

:thumbs:

I did same as you and ended up with a aib/hiscox and classicline/equity red star shortlist. Both good outfits, but the more I compared the products the more of a no-brainer aib/hiscox were for me. Added my wife's car and will be talking about the house Insurance when it's due.

Would have no concerns at all about Hiscox, they're a very long established high net worth insurer and the policy reads as such IMO. I found AIB a very helpful and professional broker too :thumb:

MJA911 said:
adamw said:
Ok
After trying all of the above the only one that comes close is "aib" who offered a high net worth policy through "hiscox"

Price was similar but they quoted some nice benefits:

Pros
-auto agreed\guarenteered value with no need to send proof
-can use whoever you like as a repairer in the event of an accident
-like for like courtesy car available
-UK and euro Breakdown
-legal cover
-6k per year mileage
-open driving... anyone can drive my car comp without being named (over the age of 30)..I can drive comp on anyone else's car.

Cons
-£500 xs (but this can be waivered if you don't take the courtesy car in the event of a claim)

Any experience of Hiscox, good bad or indifferent ??

Hmmmmm :?:
Classic line and equity red star or aib and hiscox????

I did same as you and ended up with a aib/hiscox and classicline/equity red star shortlist. Both good outfits, but the more I compared the products the more of a no-brainer aib/hiscox were for me. Added my wife's car and will be talking about the house Insurance when it's due.

Would have no concerns at all about Hiscox, they're a very long established high net worth insurer and the policy reads as such IMO. I found AIB a very helpful and professional broker too :thumb:

Just struggling to understand why aib\hiscox don't require things like proof of value (for agreed value) and proof of no claims discount ??
I will be querying this with them but is this the case??
Is this usually how high net worth pols work?
Any downsides to a high net worth policy?

The only other thing is the xs...
Its £500 with aib\hiscox and only £150 with classicline\equity
The only thing is that if you don't take the courtesy car offered, aib\hiscox don't charge the xs (so effectively no xs)
I guess this would be ok as this isn't a daily drive..

Hmmmm, more questions to ask the companies I think...
:dont know:

adamw said:
Just struggling to understand why aib\hiscox don't require things like proof of value (for agreed value) and proof of no claims discount ??

The only thing is that if you don't take the courtesy car offered, aib\hiscox don't charge the xs (so effectively no xs)

I could be wrong and it's definitely worth asking, but I think AIB have discretion with Hiscox on what the agreed value should be based on their market knowledge and relationship with their client. With no claims discount, I did have to scan in and send my renewal letter from Admiral. I don't see any downsides to a high net worth policy, to me they are simply policies designed for that marketplace and consumer.

With the excess, obviously it's quite high if you wish to take the like-for-like courtesy car, but as they explained to me, the product assumes that whilst you may like that choice, you are very likely to have alternative transport, so you can leverage that and have the excess waived.

It was all these kinds of details, along with the reputation of Hiscox and the ease of dealing with AIB that appealed to me and I'm somebody who has used comparison websites and changed insurer frequently, whereas now, I can see the gigantic difference between mainstream Insurance and these kind of products and for me they offer better value for money.

MJA911 said:
adamw said:

I could be wrong and it's definitely worth asking, but I think AIB have discretion with Hiscox on what the agreed value should be based on their market knowledge and relationship with their client. With no claims discount, I did have to scan in and send my renewal letter from Admiral. I don't see any downsides to a high net worth policy, to me they are simply policies designed for that marketplace and consumer.

With the excess, obviously it's quite high if you wish to take the like-for-like courtesy car, but as they explained to me, the product assumes that whilst you may like that choice, you are very likely to have alternative transport, so you can leverage that and have the excess waived.

It was all these kinds of details, along with the reputation of Hiscox and the ease of dealing with AIB that appealed to me and I'm somebody who has used comparison websites and changed insurer frequently, whereas now, I can see the gigantic difference between mainstream Insurance and these kind of products and for me they offer much better value for money.

Thanks very much again..all sounds good and these are all details I'll clarify with them..
Another important point to me for my Le Mans trips is Euro breakdown cover...
Again I'll ask them tomorrow but do you remember is this was included ?

Went Aib\hiscox in the end !
Couldn't ignore the policy benefits and was cheaper than everyone else to
Agreed value of 45k :D
:thumb: :thumb:

Thanks Adam & Michael for your posts here - very helpful. I've also just narrowed it down to the same shortlist, AIB/Hiscox & Classicline/Equity Red Star.

Very close to going for the former, very competitive and a comprehensive policy from Hiscox. Nailing down on an agreed value is proving to be difficult but other than that, all seems good.

Yes thanks Adam for your tip about Hiscox, I was in the same position insuring my 2s and soon to be delivered 993 4s, the quote was very competitive and the fully comp benefits are perfect for me and no tracker required .

The only issue I had with the policy is it doesn't give track day cover which I had with Mannings and you have to ask them to record NCB for the future as it's not done as standard as a fleet policy.

Glad it's helped guys :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back