Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2015 Macan

Richyd

So, our new Macan S Diesel was delivered on Saturday!!

It's awesome, a really amazing car. Lots of space, loads of torque and the handling is sublime for such a large car. It seems to get a little attention as it's so pretty, and the build quality is stunning. It feels very well built.

Very happy with our choice - the wait was a bit of a pain, but there ain't many of them around. Price-wise, it seems to be a bargain compared to the competition too - the handling is so superior to others in this range.

Happy boy!!

Spec off the top of my head - White, RS alloys, black pack, privacy, PCM, PASM, panoramic roof, sports seats, full leather, sensors incl camera

When we finally specced it a few months ago, the system said we were getting the facelifted model, which as far as Ican see just adds a lip spoiler to the front - I'm guessing to reduce front end lift at high speeds..?? Looks nice anyway :D

Attachments

• new_macan_133.jpg
    new_macan_133.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 17,203
  • macan_back_216.jpg
    macan_back_216.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 17,203
Richyd said:
Looks nice anyway

Certainly does Rich.
I have only seen one to date on the road and I have to say that, to my eyes, it looked very good. Some sort of light brownie colour :dont know:
Sat nice. Might not have gone for diesel though. :?:

Looks good Mate, and big enough to fit a step ladder in there. You never know when you might find yourself trying to get out of some water. :D

:hand:

:floor:

Looks good Mr tri porka 👍🏻😎

facelift already !

but that is quite a chin :thumb:

early impressions ?

Quick update -

Still very happy. The car hustles along B-roads and A-roads really well, and (very) high speed stability is rock-solid (suspect the front lip-spoiler helps this as early reports a year ago stated not so good in cross-winds at speed). Anyway, this isn't a problem I've noticed so far.

The PASM setup is bang-on, the car corners sooo flat it feels like it shouldn't be possible. The gearbox is very clever, I use the paddles to drop down a cog before overtaking, but other than that. I just leave it in comfort or sport full-auto mode.

The interior is wearing well - black leather, so it should do really. The Carrera White paint is also holding up well, not a single stone chip (that I've noticed yet)

Only critisism I can think of - don't bother with the 18-way sports seats. They're very narrow (and I'm not a fattie). I'd stick with the standard adjustable seats.

Still a great car, we're still uber-happy with it!

Great cars - I've got one as a courtesy car at the moment and I'm pretty impressed!!

Might even give into temptation at some point, and I've even been on the configurator.. :thumb:

A colleague of mine bought one and they absolutely love it. They've had BMW, Mercedes and Audis in the past (estates and SUV's) and say it's the best of the lot. :thumb:

Thanks or the update Richyd. I have a Petrol S coming in March next year.

Apart from the seats, any other options you specced that are particularly good/bad ? any regrets not speccing?

Full length roof is nice, PASM is very good. I was advised to stay away from 21" wheels by the dealer, hence we went 20" spyder allows. Black-line pack for outside suits the car well.

We specced ours quite well I think. I really wouldn't bother with the sports seats though, although we went for them because if you order leather ones there is a quirk in the system which means you basically get full leather for something like £200.

Still happy with it - awesome car. Have been tempted to buy one for myself (missus uses our one mainly), although I would get a petrol GTS.... :?:

:?: Interesting about the seats. I'm looking for a CayenneD with the 18-way adaptive seats as they feel superb for the brief period I've sat in them. Very few Cayenne's have them so perhaps the 14-way comforts will fit the bill :dont know:

I really like the Macan- best looking 4x4xfar.

Wonder if they'll ever do a 4.8 V8 version. 8)

GB911 said:
Thanks or the update Richyd. I have a Petrol S coming in March next year.

Apart from the seats, any other options you specced that are particularly good/bad ? any regrets not speccing?

I dropped a deposit on a Macan S (petrol) yesterday. My sales guy told me it may be up to 18 months. Yikes! I'm hoping it's not that long but I'm not in a huge rush.
Any idea's of a realistic waiting time? Cheers, Paul.

I was at Hatfield last week, whilst there a couple were picking up their new Macan, great in some sort of bright metallic blue. Got chatting to the new owners, they said they ordered theirs in November. I was assuming November last year which seemed a bit quick :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back