Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Goodbye 997.2 C2S, but hello 991 GTS

F9ank said:
Mark Strong said:
I am about to place an order on a similarly spec'ed car and hope you can help me with the Aerokit Cup option... How low is the front spoiler?...
Does it give you any issues with speed bumps / multi-storey car parks etc? Or you have to carry a couple of bricks and a piece of plywood?... :)
Thanks mate. TBH it isn't that low - I have had no problems with speed humps although have not been brave enough to go into a multi storey yet! Doing a euro tour at the end of July and coming back via Santander ferry - a little concerned on that!

If it helps I will get the tape measure out and measure clearance?

Cheers
I went to Porsche West London office and they happened to have a lovely C2S with Aerokit Cup. I looked at it and think it should be OK for normal use. The sales guy also said it should be OK for multi storey car parks.

I guess we just need to be a bit more careful...

Thank you.

[/quote]I went to Porsche West London office and they happened to have a lovely C2S with Aerokit Cup. I looked at it and think it should be OK for normal use. The sales guy also said it should be OK for multi storey car parks.

I guess we just need to be a bit more careful...

Thank you.[/quote]

Hi Mark, just bear in mind that the GTS sits 10mm lower than the C2S as standard!

F9ank said:
Hi Mark, just bear in mind that the GTS sits 10mm lower than the C2S as standard!
Yes, I am aware of that.
I did not go for the PASM sports suspension (20 mm lower) as I thought it may be too hard.

F9ank said:
Mark Strong said:
You car is absolutely awesome! Love it!
I am about to place an order on a similarly spec'ed car and hope you can help me with the Aerokit Cup option... How low is the front spoiler?...
Does it give you any issues with speed bumps / multi-storey car parks etc? Or you have to carry a couple of bricks and a piece of plywood?... :)

Thank you.

Hi Mark

Thanks mate. TBH it isn't that low - I have had no problems with speed humps although have not been brave enough to go into a multi storey yet! Doing a euro tour at the end of July and coming back via Santander ferry - a little concerned on that!

If it helps I will get the tape measure out and measure clearance?

Cheers

I got the ferry to Dunkirk recently for a Euro trip in my 991 GTS- no problems at all with the ground clearance........ I was more concerned about the station wagons parked all around me and having someone open their door straight in to my bodywork- thankfully had no problems though.
I loved driving in Germany - the GTS is a superb GT car...although I was slightly perturbed to get flashed from cars behind a couple of times to get out of the fast lane whilst driving at 150mph on the autobahn.......

Good to know - cheers!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahab
Back