Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dove house motors Rushden - good experience, recommended

A993LAD

Hockenheim
A big thumbs up for Dove House in Rushden, Northants.

They are a bit further from my home than I would like but I decided to give them a try for servicing and some repairs on my Porsche 993.

I was very impressed with the quality of their work and the communication, advice and costs. They also provided a courtesy car which was very useful given that they are not that local from me.

I will definitely use them again in future and based on this single experience so far I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. :thumbs:

Quite a few fans on 911uk for Dove House. Mine had a major service there last week. :thumb:

+1 for Dove House quality of service. Tony and Phil in the workshop are outstanding - always willing to go the extra mile. Was in last week to pick their brains on a small issue to fix myself.

I forgot to mention they also completely valeted the car inside and out before I picked it up. Which was a nice touch because hasn't been that clean since we bought it three years ago to be honest.

I have used them 3/4 times in the last year. Mini was good fun to drive!

A993LAD said:
hasn't been that clean since we bought it three years ago to be honest.

Funny you mention the valeting, 3 weeks ago mine hadn't been that dirty since I bought it!!!!
FIREdevil.gif
FIREdevil.gif

I even make my kids take their shoes off when they get in the car!!!
censored.gif
censored.gif
censored.gif

HSC911 said:

Funny you mention the valeting, 3 weeks ago mine hadn't been that dirty since I bought it!!!!

Oh dear! Did you get a discount?

A993LAD said:
HSC911 said:

Oh dear! Did you get a discount?

No :sad:

Worse...I paid more!

I had my discs changed from 996 GT3 to 997 Turbo as the wrong ET.

Was charged for pads and discs labour rate. I did question this but they had to put it on the ramp, strip, new discs arrived but had a crack. Replaced and waited for new pair of discs to arrive, then refitted the new set of discs.

So to quote:

and we didn't charge for removing the wheel and old disc etc & refitting the first time that we tried to replace the disc, due to the brake disc being cracked we had to put everything back on the car to free up the ramp.

:oops:

I didn't make a big song and dance about it. They did offer to valet my car next time it's in....which they do everytime I go anyway :wack:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back