Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Company car driver for over 23 years - No NCB..

uktivo

Hi all,

I'm about to become a 997.2 C2S owner within the next two weeks. I've been a company car driver for over 23 years. Within that period, I've had two accidents. One where a car ran into the side of my car, their Insurance paid as it was their fault and one in June 2012 where I was caught is a freak hail storm in Leicestershire. My 5 series had literally every panel dented and virtually every window smashed. Even though this was an act of god, I had to claim on my Insurance.

My company car Insurance agent is giving me a letter to say my driving standards have been exceptional and I've had no fault accidents.

Will this buy me any NCB? If so, which companies do you suggest please? I've sent AIB a contact request.. just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue concerning company car policies?

I've had my 997.1 one year this month so due for renewal now with same broker who originally found me a policy with Royal Sun Alliance where they recognised my 30 years of company car Insurance and a named river on my wife's car and gave me 5 years introductory NCB.
Renewal has still increased approx. £100 so I started looking elsewhere. I found much cheaper premiums (£150 less) until I rang them to check and found that they would not recognise the company car driving so only allowed the 1 year I have with this car ....so the price is back up to where I started.....ask your broker to look for a company who recognises the company car NCB...or troll through the internet like me.... :what:

John

Porschekit said:
I've had my 997.1 one year this month so due for renewal now with same broker who originally found me a policy with Royal Sun Alliance where they recognised my 30 years of company car Insurance and a named river on my wife's car and gave me 5 years introductory NCB.
Renewal has still increased approx. £100 so I started looking elsewhere. I found much cheaper premiums (£150 less) until I rang them to check and found that they would not recognise the company car driving so only allowed the 1 year I have with this car ....so the price is back up to where I started.....ask your broker to look for a company who recognises the company car NCB...or troll through the internet like me.... :what:

John

Thanks for the info. Sad really that we can't build NCB under the company scheme.

You have had two claims even though non-fault.
NCB accrues on the vehicle insured. So leaving aside company car, had you been driving your own car with Insurance, unless you had a multi-car policy, the NCB accrues on that car. When you then want to buy a Porsche and take out another policy, you would have zero NCB on the Porsche policy.

In reality, many insurers may offer you an introductory discount of up to 30% on the Porsche premium. But this is not a NCD. At the end of the first year in the Porsche you will have 1 year NCD.

Company car policy drivers similarly may be treated in the same manner.

uktivo said:
Hi all,

I'm about to become a 997.2 C2S owner within the next two weeks. I've been a company car driver for over 23 years. Within that period, I've had two accidents. One where a car ran into the side of my car, their Insurance paid as it was their fault and one in June 2012 where I was caught is a freak hail storm in Leicestershire. My 5 series had literally every panel dented and virtually every window smashed. Even though this was an act of god, I had to claim on my Insurance.

My company car Insurance agent is giving me a letter to say my driving standards have been exceptional and I've had no fault accidents.

Will this buy me any NCB? If so, which companies do you suggest please? I've sent AIB a contact request.. just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue concerning company car policies?

I had 9 years of company car before I bought my 1st porsche - back in 2009. I also had a few accidents - all not at fault.

My company wrote me a letter to say that I had 9 years with no "at fault" accidents.

This was then used as 9 years no claims when I got my first Insurance.

Just get this letter from your company - and your insurer will usually ask for proof of your years of no claims - but this letter should do it. Once you have had that Insurance for a year, you are then sorted properly...

Hope that helps

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back