Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 PSE Exhaust Hack aka the 'Gundo Hack'

'Gundo Hack' Exhaust mod recommendation?

Might get my exhausts on my 997.1 Targa 4 modified....anyone recommend a good garage or welder to do the 'Gundo Hack' somewhere near Bracknell/Reading/Guildford area in the UK?

Thanks

Beanie

im local to you (GU12)
and had to travel to Hayes to get mine done, they did a good job of the exhaust, but I could not recommend them because they did not treat the car properly, and there was "hidden extras" on the price, they advertise on ebay for the gundo hack £299 fitted.

medicus said:
im local to you (GU12)
and had to travel to Hayes to get mine done, they did a good job of the exhaust, but I could not recommend them because they did not treat the car properly, and there was "hidden extras" on the price, they advertise on ebay for the gundo hack £299 fitted.

Oh....not ideal from the sounds of it :nooo:

Fancy PM'ing me more details or sharing here? I did see a place ofering to do this on Ebay for £200, based in Milton Keynes:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/porsche-9...463?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a4decfd87

Re: 'Gundo Hack' Exhaust mod recommendation?

Beanie said:
Might get my exhausts on my 997.1 Targa 4 modified....anyone recommend a good garage or welder to do the 'Gundo Hack' somewhere near Bracknell/Reading/Guildford area in the UK?

Thanks

Beanie

May be a bit far to travel, I had my 997.1 C2S "hacked" last week by Brookspeed in Southampton, price was ok £350, service was OK, sounds brutal... I made a short video on Saturday but it's very poor, I'll do another one this weekend & post it

Tyrone

163mph said:
Beanie said:

Thanks

Beanie

May be a bit far to travel, I had my 997.1 C2S "hacked" last week by Brookspeed in Southampton, price was ok £350, service was OK, sounds brutal... I made a short video on Saturday but it's very poor, I'll do another one this weekend & post it

Tyrone

Good Brutal or bad brutal? YouTube video?

Chris997C2 said:
163mph said:
Beanie said:

Thanks

Beanie

Tyrone

Beanie

One man's good is another man's nightmare, I like it, on cold starts is got a lovely crackle, warmed up & at full chat, sounds awesome. YouTube 997c2s hack.. I'll make a better video at the weekend a post

Tyrone

163mph said:
Chris997C2 said:
163mph said:
Beanie said:

Thanks

Beanie

Tyrone

Beanie

One man's good is another man's nightmare, I like it, on cold starts is got a lovely crackle, warmed up & at full chat, sounds awesome. YouTube 997c2s hack.. I'll make a better video at the weekend a post

Tyrone

I have a C2 3.6. Anyone done a gundo on similar engine and have a video? I imagine the C2S would be slightly different sound?

does the hack work on the 997 S Gen 2 or only available to Gen1?

thanks

You can do it on the gen 2 , but there are mixed reviews. Am getting it done next week on my gen 2 with a 2" by-pass.

I have also discussed with the exhaust shop about doing a similar hack on the centre box section as it does not serve a purpose it would seem but reduce noise levels.

Am going to attempt to do some decent before and after video's as its been a nightmare trying to find any solid info. Just a lot of posts saying its a waste of time. I've had a PSE on my 996/997.1/Cayman so hope i can give it a good review/write up.

Paza3 said:
You can do it on the gen 2 , but there are mixed reviews. Am getting it done next week on my gen 2 with a 2" by-pass.

I have also discussed with the exhaust shop about doing a similar hack on the centre box section as it does not serve a purpose it would seem but reduce noise levels.

Am going to attempt to do some decent before and after video's as its been a nightmare trying to find any solid info. Just a lot of posts saying its a waste of time. I've had a PSE on my 996/997.1/Cayman so hope i can give it a good review/write up.

Great stuff, my Gen 2 is just coming out of warranty so looking forward to your videos :thumb:

I am having my Gundo hack done as we speak by a gentleman named Paul. He is highly recommended and is a really nice guy. I will let you know how I get on.

Chris997C2 said:
I am having my Gundo hack done as we speak by a gentleman named Paul. He is highly recommended and is a really nice guy. I will let you know how I get on.

Excellent, is that the guy in Milton Keynes? Advertises his services on Ebay for about £200?

Beanie, That is the guy. He is a really nice guy. Was bang on time, very kind and polite and took his time.
And let me tell you......The sound.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D :D :D :thumbs:

Chris997C2 said:
Beanie, That is the guy. He is a really nice guy. Was bang on time, very kind and polite and took his time.
And let me tell you......The sound.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D :D :D :thumbs:

Nice, got any video of the old/new sound?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back