Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Any iPhone geniuses out there?

AND THE WINNER IS...
drums2.gif

OYSTR said:
Go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive and check the "you can be reached at" addresses making sure only your contacts are listed. Uncheck the ones that are not you. Turn off iMessage and then turn back on.

Do the same at Settings>FaceTime>You can be reached at. Turn off FaceTime and then on again.

And then maybe a hard reboot (power and home button held down) for good measure.

Her phone had my number, and her own too, selected
Doh2.gif

Thank you all for replying, I think everyone was 'nearly right'
clap2.gif

tophat.gif

HSC911 said:
She doesn't have a separate iCloud account. All 3 gadgets are on my email address.

A final footnote to the thread. There used to be an incentive to having multiple people share the same apple account (i.e. to not have to buy things twice on the app store and so on). However, you don't need to do that any more as the family sharing feature of the current flavour of iOS means that you can have separate accounts but everyone in the family can freely download anything that any of them have paid for and they can all use a common payment card for purchases (and you can make it require authorisation from the card owner before they can buy too). I use this for my mother - works great and means that she has apps like the TomTom one on there without any extra cost.

So to sum up - any future complications are probably best avoided by just creating individual AppleIDs for everyone. :thumb:

Disco said:
So to sum up - any future complications are probably best avoided by just creating individual AppleIDs for everyone. :thumb:

MexWave.gif

&

digger.gif

...simples...get an Android device... :grin:

Osh
(yeah, i know - i'll get me coat...)

Has anyone else noticed that with the latest version of IOS you can't stop the automatic streaming of video's when using cellular data on Facebook etc??..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back