Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What colour is this or is it a wrap?

berni29

Hi There

I saw this parked in HK this evening. Its an unusual car being a manual. Also is it a widebody?, I do not think so.

I loved the colour which looked like a slateish grey. These pictures were taken at night under mixed lighting, so are probably useless for working the colour out, but you never know.

grey1.jpg

grey.jpg

Looks similar to the sports classic albeit a bit darker under those lights.
Would think repaint rather than wrap but don't really know. I quite like it actually.

NB with a kit and a WB front PU.

Aftermarket repaint I'd say.

Spec

Agree with others, looks like paint , the car sporting nb rear pu- wb front pu with" aerokit turbo" additional lower section plus aerokit 1 sideskirts. Definitely a "fast body" model👌, also noticed racing recaro style fixed buckets ,perhaps an rs steering wheel and light coloured( maybe grey) instrument faces?
Like the guys attitude to mods✌

Farrow & Ball
CALLUNA
No. 270

don't like it at all.

I'd say it's Porsche Nardo Grey. Could be a full paint or full wrap. It certainly looks different.

C.

deffo a repaint. I used to live in HK and saw many 993's repainted to either another official colour or some other mashup. Most likely a tip converted to a manual too if a HK car, but could be a genuine manual if its been imported. HK 993's are generally in pretty poor mechanical condition due to lack of maintenance or proper use. I test drove a couple when in the market and they could barely rev over 5k. There are however some enthusiasts who genuinely look after their cars and know them inside out.

spannermonkey said:
deffo a repaint. I used to live in HK and saw many 993's repainted to either another official colour or some other mashup. Most likely a tip converted to a manual too if a HK car, but could be a genuine manual if its been imported. HK 993's are generally in pretty poor mechanical condition due to lack of maintenance or proper use. I test drove a couple when in the market and they could barely rev over 5k. There are however some enthusiasts who genuinely look after their cars and know them inside out.
I hope mine is not one of the poor mechanical conditions as you mentioned :wink:

Looks like grey primer to me. Maybe its on its way to the paint shop! :D

ellistai said:
I hope mine is not one of the poor mechanical conditions as you mentioned :wink:

You don't know a chap called Ben with a 996 Turbo by any chance :dont know:

GT3 buckets and a cage fitted recently :?:

:thumb:

HSC911 said:
ellistai said:

You don't know a chap called Ben with a 996 Turbo by any chance :dont know:

GT3 buckets and a cage fitted recently :?:

:thumb:
Can't recall the Ben. What colour is the Turbo?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back