Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche on for 1-2 at Le Mans

Disco said:
nick w said:
Ah, ha....apology to Herr Webber !...and no wonder he looked a bit cheesed
off at the end. I know it's sounds harsh, but those two minutes probably
cost him a shot at a Le Mans win... :nooo:

Certainly, but had that been the case then if might have detracted from Nick Tandy getting a well deserved win from what was probably the drive of the event. His overnight performance made the race for the #19 crew IMHO.

Can I start criticising the Nissans now though? Porsche return to Le Mans and it is podium on year 1, 1-2 on year 2 and dethroning the diesel Audi juggernaut. Nissan come back with an ill-conceived design (including the only car in the field where the driver can't close the door from the car - which actually became an issue when the door popped open during one stint - costing an extra stop) and finish as the last thing in the field moving a legion of laps behind. If I am honest I was impressed that their crew managed to keep one of them moving, but they need a rethink. I rate many of their academy drivers and if they cannot genuinely make that contraption work next year then they should bin the marketing rubbish and get a chassis put together by someone like Oreca like the Rebellion and give their guys a proper racing car. If they aren't able to build something that can compete, at least enter something that can race.

I don't really understand the Nissan concept either...why go front engined ?
One thing was pretty apparent...the Toyota's seemingly have 986hp..so
what an earth are the 919 and Audi's packing ?....not 1000hp, which are
the often quoted outputs. The Audi's and Porsche's had a significant power
advantage over all the other LPM1 cars.

WoW..... just wow.... running lap times consistent with last years fastest lap & qualifying pace......

Mr Hartley will have earned a trip to the headmaster's office for that brain fade under yellow..... & yet again Herr Webber is the bridesmaid...... but a class act non the less this year from Porsche

Been a very long while since I've seen an Audi covered in 100m.p.h tape (long may it last!)

Class act the Audi management team though.... 20min to run approx & they went to congratulate the Porche guys......

Next year is booked!

:bow: :bow:

Great race, manageable temps for spectating too! Not sure what nissan was really trying to achieve but you have to give some credit for wanting to take part and with a different idea, not dissimilar to the Delta wing car as well. The front runners are so unbelievably quick through the corners it has to be seen, especially in the dark!

While Porsche are basking in glory for their deserved win the fact that a 991 blew up and set fire to itself after an hour and the other one was stuck in the pits for ages because the wheel wouldn't cone off has to be a concern....

The 458's and the corvettes had everything beaten for sound tho' IMHO.

I'm still here, coming home tomorrow

gdof4jk556vlucj90lju.jpg

Senoj said:
While Porsche are basking in glory for their deserved win the fact that a 991 blew up and set fire to itself after an hour and the other one was stuck in the pits for ages because the wheel wouldn't cone off has to be a concern....

That was just the factory cars. Overall it was one up in flames in qualifying (the 997, hence the engine change penalty at the start) and 2 in the race (the factory car and the Abu Dhabi Proton car). The only incident free 911 race was actually for the Dempsey crew which (along with some great driving from Pat Long against Townsend Bell's Ferrari) delivered 2nd in GT Am.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back