Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The 'Poles' have landed!!

Lig

Spa-Francorchamps
Well they actually landed early part of this year, but I was waiting to get them fitted and the rears done before posting....

837047628_o.jpg

Fitted.....

837047639_o.jpg

Rears to match

837047649_o.jpg

837047656_o.jpg

Black badge on rear (the jury is still out on this one - but they look OK in the 'flesh')

837047661_o.jpg

I have always liked buckets from my 'Elise' days and even though I am 6ft4 I seem to fit in them quite well. Of course you do sacrifice some comfort but you do get a lot more road feel and they are great for sprinted drives!!

Cheers,
Lig.

Lovely :worship:

They look great, on my list........can you post up details of source and install.

I was a bit concerned as my interior is marble grey and was considering Recaro Pole Position but matches well.......

+ very nice indeed !

:bye:

Original Porsche part ? if so, how much ?

Cheers :thumb:

Hi all and thanks...

Yes my interior is also Marble grey.. The seats are not a Porsche part, just Recaro Pole Positions ABE but they are custom with the silver stitching. Initially I was going to go with the standard black seats with light grey centre cushions but the grey that Recaro have didn't match the other greys of the interior so I ended up just having contrasting stitching as I am a sucker for custom things :D but it did come at a price.... And as it turns out the Recaro black is actually a very dark grey so it works a treat with the other greys (or so i think anyhooooo).

I ended up buying a 2nd hand set of rear seat backs as I wanted to keep mine so the original interior can be put back in easily... so for costs...

I trawled the net and found the cheapest place was to buy from Europe, Spain to be exact... The standard seats in black leather were €910. For the custom stitching they were €1050 which worked out around £755 ish each. I then went for the 993 specific runners as I wanted everything to just 'fit' and didn't want to end up drilling new holes etc, these were €250 each, then the side mounts €80 each and shipping €100. So total cost for seats side mounts and runners €2858 which is around £2K BUT and there is a bit of a big but... the side mounts didn't fit!! So to cut a long story short I ended up selling the mounts and then buying some from Southbound trimmers, which had larger mounting holes so allowed some movement and these fitted fine! These were around £100 each and I ended up selling the Recaro ones for what I paid for them.....

Cost of the 2nd hand rears was £100 in blue, cost of hide was £160 from here http://www.yarwoodleather.com/products/automotive.html, cost to trim was £200 (local upholsterers).

I don't know if the UK prices have fallen since but when I ordered them (around Sept 14) they were around £1100 for the standard in leather just for the seats...

The place I got them is www.ckctuning.com and the contact is Carlos ([email protected]). Of course buying from abroad has risks, but I did my research and had a good feeling from the initial contact (his engerlish was good enough :D ), and at the time it saved me a good few £hundred... The shipping was a bit dodgy as they came in one big box and it was really heavy. It was with DHL but a single female driver, so it took two of us to get the box off etc...

Fitting was pretty straight forward, just lots of bolts. You just need to have lots of space and take care when removing the seats so as not to scratch anything, the original seats are so heavy!!!

You will notice that the seat belt retainer is set quite far back, it works absolutely fine, but is a tad more fiddly, than the usual position.

If anyone is interested then do drop Carlos a mail and feel free to mention that you got the contact from a forum member (Lig) with a 993, as I have sent him pics and told him I would give him a shout...

I think that's covered everything, but if anyone has any more questions on anything I have missed then just shout.....

Cheers
Lig.

forgot to mention the Porsche badges £9 each Ebay :D

AND there is around a 3-4 month lead time from ordering.. I think even the standard black ones take this long.. no one seems to hold stock??!!

Lig.

Lovely. Had them in my RS4, investigating how to get them in my 996 :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back