Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I knows its not a Porker but BMW Z3 cheap weekend car

There is an S54 on there at the moment for £17.5k which in recent market could be a bargain, rare cars will always be rare cars :wink:

For reference one went at auction last week for £19.5k plus premiums with similar mileage

Huge fan of the S54 engine. Its just glorius and 100hp+ per litre is pretty good going. Only thing about the Z's that would worry me is the image and that they are screwed together in America.

The S54 (later M3 engine) is more refined than the earlier S50 engine but not a huge amount in it in real world driving.

They are pretty bomb proof for such a highly tuned car, vanos and notorious boot floor welds are cheap fixes nowadays.

running / servicing costs are cheap

The 2.8 and 3 litres can be had for nothing, but the ///M will command an ever increasing premium. They will always hang on the coattails of the coupes but I prefer the roadies.

I'll happily sell my reg to the coupe guys when the cars hit £100k :grin:

IMG_0044.jpg

jonttt said:
The S54 (later M3 engine) is more refined than the earlier S50 engine but not a huge amount in it in real world driving.

They are pretty bomb proof for such a highly tuned car, vanos and notorious boot floor welds are cheap fixes nowadays.

running / servicing costs are cheap

The 2.8 and 3 litres can be had for nothing, but the ///M will command an ever increasing premium. They will always hang on the coattails of the coupes but I prefer the roadies.

I'll happily sell my reg to the coupe guys when the cars hit £100k :grin:

IMG_0044.jpg

Ps stick an eisenmann race exhaust on and its Ferrari in race mode like :wink:

The Vtechs are hard work to have fun in and the dash always looked like blackpool illuminations, sold mine after a few months for a profit (they were commanding above list at the time :grin: )

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back