Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

MY JMG Porsche experience - and the maintenance plan myth?

Thanks 911UK - indeed I'm close to 9excellence but I had really wanted to join a maintenance plan - JMG are the nearest to offer it (apparently)..

There must be some forum members who also attempted or are on the JMG plan and can comment on their experience? :dont know:

Interesting to hear your comments and glad you posted as JMG are a stones throw away from me. When I first got my 996T I phoned them for a service quote, can't remember the exact details but it was for a major (although I was doing various bits myself - Sparks, gearbox oil etc). I was absolutely gobsmacked to find them quoting almost double the cost of the local OPC in ferndown, I remember double checking on the phone in disbelief, whether this was down to some confusion over what I was doing myself etc.. I'm not sure

What I do know is the service I received from the local OPC was fantastic, very decent price and a Cayman S as a courtesy car. Best of all my car gets to keep a full OPC service history. How JMG expect any custom if they are more expensive than the main dealer I am clueless, especially since no courtesy car was offered etc..

I'm in Bournemouth and contacted JMG several times about doing some work on my GT3, they never returned calls or emails so in the end I didn't bother with them........

If JMG were on this forum, or they got wind of this thread, you can bet they would be putting this right pretty quick you would hope !

Power of social media/ car forums is great for us, not so great for garages when they let people down
:hand:

Slightly off topic but why aren't there any garages around London who do a maintenance plan? There's a big market here I would have thought.

Re: MY JMG Porsche experience - and the maintenance plan myt

jm24 said:
I'm now considering .........and taking some kind of small court claims action against JMG – mainly as a matter of principle.

I certainly wouldn't do that. What would you actually be claiming for?

Personally I would accept Jons fair and generous offer of replacing the brake nipples as an apology.

I've still to get some speakers and a bass plate fitted to my car, but since he has moved its not so easy arrange.

Shaoxter said:
Slightly off topic but why aren't there any garages around London who do a maintenance plan? There's a big market here I would have thought.

No JMG are the closest to London. Baz from Hartech has written elsewhere they don't think they can make it viable in the south - perhaps hence JMG's initial costs and apparent reluctance to actually honour the plan offer.

Re: MY JMG Porsche experience - and the maintenance plan myt

PeterS said:
jm24 said:
I'm now considering .........and taking some kind of small court claims action against JMG – mainly as a matter of principle.

I certainly wouldn't do that. What would you actually be claiming for?

Personally I would accept Jons fair and generous offer of replacing the brake nipples as an apology.

I've still to get some speakers and a bass plate fitted to my car, but since he has moved its not so easy arrange.

Peter, with respect, I don't think you've read the post properly. I was more than willing to accept the offer but that was made sometime ago and I've had nothing in writing or word to since honour that. The last two times I called I asked for a timeframe by which I would receive the plan documentation and both expired without a word.

As mentioned in another post, I'd be claiming for the fact that had I not been intending to join their maintenance plan I would have just had a standard service at somewhere close to me, saving me approx £600 to start with, not to mention the costs of a 200 mile round trip, half of which would have been done with an open brake nipple had I not coincidentally been having tyres changed after.

As I said, as much a matter of principle as financial. No one likes being played for a fool.

Sorry to hear about your terrible experience but I've seen far worse even from OPCs. I'd put it down to experience and walk away. Who in the world has time to deal with affairs that leave nothing but a bad taste in ones mouth and I accept the garage in question is without doubt at fault.

Excluding a catastrophic failure you'd probably spend exactly the same money over time by servicing your car as per service schedule with 9e. Instead of paying a monthly maintenance plan to a third party just put it into a slush fund for your own car.

Jm24. Sadly it would appear your hand has been forced. Posting the threat of court action on a public forum should induce some communication from the vendor forthwith.

You do have my empathy.

Efficiency , pride in ones work and reputation seem to be forgotton a lot these days with the exception of a minority of decent businesses across all markets.

lets hope you get this debacle sorted pronto. Good luck.

So just received the paperwork via email today - presumably not coincidentally 4 days after this post - around 5 weeks after initially being promised it and two further promised dates missed. I'm obviously still less than enthusiastic.

I don't know if legally I'm allowed to post contents of a private email but it basically says sorry for the delay, the reason being that they have had to draw up an appendix of exclusions (the advisories from the inspection) and amend the regular paperwork. However the appendix is just a 12 item list of my advisories and I can see nothing specific to me on the separate maintenance plan agreement. No mention of the agreed work in kind to replace the bleed valves.

I think I'm in the same position. I don't have the confidence in them even assuming they didn't know I'd posted this publicly. Possibly I will just leave it as some people have advised but not sure that sits well with me..

Am I missing something here?

Surely the advisories get fixed as part of the entry process (rather than be excluded) and the plan then covers what it says on the tin?

Not that I reside anywhere near the garage being discussed, but if I did I would now have a big dent in my confidence.

I think that's the standard / intended approach yes but, it may be that they are being offered to me as exclusions because of the whole saga. Having said that, the chap on the day of the service did say sometimes exclusions could be agreed.

Incidentally they've nearly all been remedied anyway, which I did explain on my last phone call with them, so the email says I would have to take it in for re-inspection for them to be included on the plan.

Then I would be equally hacked off if I had paid WAAAY over the odds for a 'reset' service to enter the 'maintenance plan', which I had to chase up (repeatedly) only to find out that there were exclusions.

Wow!
Sounds like you have had an absolute nightmare, i can't say I'm that surprised....just before i first got my car two years ago i popped into JMG as they are local to me and i wanted to suss out where id be taking my car for servicing etc....well i came out of there thinking there is absolutely no way i'd leave my pride and joy in their hands! i talked with one of the technicians about several things, he was mainly knowledgeable but there were things he said that questioned their approach (can't think of the specifics right now).
In general i thought the place was a bit dirty and the reception stank, i know this dose not define a garages ability but it did put me off!
I have ended up having most of my work done by an OPC technician who is extremely though and reasonably priced, I'm lucky that my cousin is involved in the porsche world and gave me his contact :thumbs:
The car has also been to the local OPC on a couple of occasions, this has been a lovely experience if not quite expensive, that said I'm sure your major service at JMG would be about the same at an OPC!!
Personally id either get down to your local OPC as their fixed priced servicing isn't too bad, or it take it to 9excellence, I've delt with them just once to buy some parts and they were excellent! They have a great reputation and I'm a believer in having one person/firm look after a car so they know it and there is consistency.

good luck.....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back