Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buy a 991 GTS now or wait for the facelifted 991?

Or, if you're really brave, how about acid/birch/light green code 253 ??? :eek: :eek:

Attachments

• 991carrera4s_lichtgruen253_1_456.jpg
    991carrera4s_lichtgruen253_1_456.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 7,156
A gulf of difference with these colours.....

Almost there:)

GTS
Gt silver
Centre lock wheels
Full black leather
Pdk
Glass sunroof
18 way seats
Carbon interior trims
Telephone module

Couple of questions if I may..

The painted side skirts look very nice, but do they take a battering from flying stones and so will get all chipped up?

Torn between power folding mirrors painted in gt silver or sticking with the sport design..can the sport design be manually folded up whilst sitting inside?
Do the mirrors stick out further than the rear wings?

Is the Bose sound system worth it?

I suppose the last two can be answered by yet another trip to the showroom, but wondered what folks thought. I've been there so may times the receptionist knows my name :grin:

Cheers
Andy

Don't like the folding mirrors, think the car looks daft when parked. Was never an issue on every other 911 that came before. Has something changed?

Side skirts I think look better unpainted but my 997 had painted skirts and when I removed them last year they didn't have any stone chips.

The Bose system in my car is a bit naff. Too much base and very hard to get it right. I've removed my rear sub now. Might be better in the new car, don't know?

Congrats on making the decision, I wouldn't have picked the colour but it's all personal choice.

Andy787 said:

The painted side skirts look very nice, but do they take a battering from flying stones and so will get all chipped up?

Torn between power folding mirrors painted in gt silver or sticking with the sport design..can the sport design be manually folded up whilst sitting inside?

Andy

1. Do not have painted side skirts. However, the black plastic is marked about 200mm forwards of the rear wheel arches, so would expect the painted ones to do the same.

2. Have sport design mirrors. Easily enough folded. Stick out about 75mm beyond widest part at the rear.

3. Have Bose fitted. Definitely an improvement over Bose in my previous 997.2, so worth getting IMO.

Andy787 said:

GTS
Gt silver
Centre lock wheels
Full black leather
Pdk
Glass sunroof
18 way seats
Carbon interior trims
Telephone module

Couple of questions if I may..

I suppose the last two can be answered by yet another trip to the showroom, but wondered what folks thought. I've been there so may times the receptionist knows my name :grin:

Cheers
Andy

Great colour, (but then I am biased).

- I would't paint the side skirts, the contrast works, (but that's subjective).
- Again, very subjective but I think that the SD mirrors are the best looking by far and really complement the look of the car. I have folding mirrors and rarely use them. Next time I'm getting SD mirrors, (SD can be folded, they twist up).
- Yes, Bose is worth it (had Bose on every 911 so far), but honestly if you like music I would stretch for the Burmester. It really is worth the extra!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back