Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Winter tyres

Ray O

Just bought a 2012 Carrerra S cabrio and have been offered a used set of winter wheels. They are 19 inch wheels. The price is very reasonable but should I rather look for 20'inch wheels? Porsche Hatfield say 19 inch wheels are better for winter than 20 inch. Can anyone offer and advice?

I ran mine on 19" winters last year and the ride compared to the 20"summers improved, and I found the car nicer to drive.
The 20"s only advantage is looks.
If you're buying new the 19"s are over a grand cheaper than 20's and you're unlikely to fined used 20's at a reasonable price.
Every 20" option I looked at used were > 3k

Other thing to consider is that the 19" winter tyres are 100-150 a corner vs 300-350 a corner for 20" s

The 19 inch wheels/tyres I have been offered have been used for 5 months and sound a good buy at £1,500.

Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by "corner"

a corner, price per tyre

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back