Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Low milage 964 - what's it worth?

OK so you don't have a magic wand, fair enough. Just the lucky ticket. Enjoy.

Re: 964

Bieldside said:
That car is at Hairpin garage
Why not phone and find out!

I emailed... £40,000. Is a nice car, no doubt. Still, makes my new purchase feel like a good 'un. :)

Re: 964

Bieldside said:
That car is at Hairpin garage
Why not phone and find out!

It wasn't that car but wondered if £40k was about right (from a dealer) depending on the service history (which is unknown at this point) but it's only had two owners and the latter one is reluctant to sell!

And on that bombshell...

**MOD edit - I've just deleted the spam post that was above Kimbo's post. :thumb:

Sold my car today

It's still gorgeous
Now has 36,700 on it and I feel a right chump selling it. I realised I wanted more of a "beater" and that may or may not be a Porsche but using this car car was worrying me: I have a treasure/summers day car (Pagoda) and didn't really want another - need something I can leave outside, throw a muddy 9 year old in after rugby and so on.

That said, it owed me nothing but was becoming an "investment" and so every mile felt like I was devaluing it. So I chatted with some of the usual suspects about SoR and then out of the blue, my neighbour with a 993 popped up and we agreed a price - about what I'd have got from a consignment sale but on the proviso I am on his Insurance for a while! Where he's going to keep them both is a mystery to me - and he has a family of 5 and a labrador so his S-Max is still going to be getting the use - but not my problem.

So many cars. So little time. So I can go shopping again!

Good to trace a car from values in 2013 to the present day :thumb:

Even more to see a 993 owner has seen the light and bought a 964 :floor:
Once you consider them an 'investment' attitudes change and that affects the enjoyment - the very reason I sold my low miles 993

A lot depends on your attitude, I suppose you could look at it as an investment but another way of looking at it would be as a non-depreciating car that will cost you nothing to run as maintenance costs are offset by value appreciation.

Zingari said:
Good to trace a car from values in 2013 to the present day :thumb:

Even more to see a 993 owner has seen the light and bought a 964 :floor:
Once you consider them an 'investment' attitudes change and that affects the enjoyment - the very reason I sold my low miles 993

For how much did the 964 sell?

Mondrian said:
A lot depends on your attitude, I suppose you could look at it as an investment but another way of looking at it would be as a non-depreciating car that will cost you nothing to run as maintenance costs are offset by value appreciation.

I went through all those permutations up to an including sticking in in dry storage for a couple of years and putting my Smart car back in use (wife will drive that). Indeed, it came to a sell or store decision: I can't get my head around treating a car purely as an investment - especially one in a less desirable option (Tip) - yet still using it even for highdays and holidays (I already have a Pagoda for those days). So it's "gone" - though still sitting on my drive - and I have had free motoring for 20 months and still have change to play with for a new toy

As for "value", if I had consigned it, someone would have likely been on here gobsmacked at a price north of £45k.

Dull Witch said:
Mondrian said:

I went through all those permutations up to an including sticking in in dry storage for a couple of years and putting my Smart car back in use (wife will drive that). Indeed, it came to a sell or store decision: I can't get my head around treating a car purely as an investment - especially one in a less desirable option (Tip) - yet still using it even for highdays and holidays (I already have a Pagoda for those days). So it's "gone" - though still sitting on my drive - and I have had free motoring for 20 months and still have change to play with for a new toy

As for "value", if I had consigned it, someone would have likely been on here gobsmacked at a price north of £45k.

i was grinning when you bought it. blind faith. big pair. great result. now still grinning. nice little earner.

I can see the logic specially being a tip but I can't see a short term loss (1 yr) in good ones till they reach £60k, Adrian Crawford thinks good ones are safe to buy till they hit the big £100,000

There not not many good genuine low milers out there, not for sale anyway.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwarren1
Back