Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Brake Squeal

Avro

Massive brake squeal - its driving me nuts. :sad:

Inspected the front pads which appear to be Pagid, however only one damping plate fitted per pad (ie one missing). Lots of meat left on the pads.

Inspected the rear which are Textar and have approx 5mm with no damping plates fitted.

I'm assuming its the missing damping plates which is causing the problem - but it could also be the choice of pads? I can't isolate the noise down to a particular wheel - it just seems to be coming from everywhere. Tried but my other half couldn't run alongside to 20 mph or so to listen & find out. :dont know:

Aiming to replace all the dampers and rear pads. Does anyone have any experience of brake squeal and recommendations for brake Pads? Not interested in tracking - just road use.

Thanks...

I don't have the damping plates at all, with no issues? Have the pads got some copper grease on the backs of them?

Ian

Hi Ian, yes there was copper grease present on the backs of all the pads.

Only thing I could suggest is giving them a good clean and putting some fresh grease on them? You could try removing the odd damping plate to see if it makes any difference?

Ian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back