Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Crystal ball required-how much will my car be worth in 3 yr

Randyshooter

So. I've taken the plunge & purchased the car of my dreams. Soon to be a proud owner of a C4s.
After some great advice I've got a deal that I'm happy with. There is one thing that im not sure about though. How do the OPC's get there figures for the "Guaranteed future value" of the vehicles? I guess they take into account their costs, the mileage & what I will have paid (APR rate etc...)but who's to say what a good price is?
I know there's some bad press about with some manufactures (BMW?) setting unrealistic figures....
Be interested to get your thoughts.

991 C4S?

My guess is that trade value after 3 years would start with a 6 though if the miles are high, a 5.

Edited to say that late 12 c4s are low to mid 70's at OPC's, so knock 10k off for dealer margin and you're at low 60's at 2 1/2 years old

Are you saying that the Guaranteed Future value looks high or low? . The GFV should reflect what Porsche Finance expect the car to be worth after the agreement ends. German volume manufacturer finance companies tend to go for high GFV's, often being higher than the actual value of the car come px time, but not sure what Porsche's agenda is with GFV's. In real terms, it will plummet in value, just like any other car, if it was a GT car, then it may be different. If you want a car to hold it's money, buy an old'un. A mate of mine has just taken the pain of px'ing a 3 year old RS5,not pretty.

So a low GFV means that when it's time to pay, I can " buy" the car with the hope that there's something profit in the pot if I trade it in privately or with dealer.
I also have to consider the deposit (A) that I have paid & my monthly payments (B) for three years.

To be clear (A)+ (36) x B = what I will pay out. If the GFV is low in three years compared with the cars actual value it means this allows a profit & I get some of my deposit/ payments back.

With a high GFV there are NO benefits to me in three years time. The only benefits that a high GFV are likely to have would be a lower deposit and/or lower monthly payments?

Would be grateful if anyone could confirm this, it's fried my brain! :?:

When you say you have 'bought' the car of your dreams, you've really financed a portion of it, with an option to buy the rest later.

Typically, if they have a high GFV they are very strict on condition, and every mark and blemish has to be repairs/ restored, as does it need a perfect service history, so they have you nicely stitched up to what you can do with 'your' car.

Normally they stick to BVRLA guidelines as to what is 'fair wear and tear'.

I suspect you'll find that the figures have been manipulated and calculated so that in three years time the only option your left with is, is that you will be handing it back and having another car off them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back