Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

200k speedster

Gazc2

Magny-Cours
Paragon have a 964 speedster up for £200k wowser

http://www.paragongb.com/cars/porsche-carrera-2-speedster-for-sale-str911

911 Carrera 2 (964) Speedster for sale

Porsche produced just 936 964 Speedsters of which it is thought that only 14 were original UK right hand drive cars. This is one of them.

This 911 Carrera 2 Speedster (964) has the 5-speed manual gearbox and is presented in Polar Silver with black leather seats. The striking design features a manually operated black lightweight hood that stows neatly under the famous Speedster humps, as well as a low cut windscreen and RS style cloth door pulls.

The 3.6 litre flat six air cooled engine develops 250 bhp and standard features include power steering, anti-lock brakes, a headlamp wash system, 17" Cup alloy wheels, teardrop mirrors, and a Blaupunkt radio.

Factory-fitted options include sports seats, a Porsche immobiliser and it has been fitted with a 3-spoke Clubsport steering wheel.

It has driven just 35,537 miles from new in 1994.

An extraordinary opportunity to own and enjoy a very rare Porsche indeed.

2000x2000_fit.jpg

Crazy!

Collectors only :dont know:

I simply cannot comprehend how anyone would even notice it with a 356 roadster on the same page next to it for less money. Regardless of how rare 964 Speedsters are, they will never to my eye be a nice looking car... Even a collector would need to already have a staggering amount of machinery in their garage before they are going to see that as £200k surely? :what:

with 3.6 Turbo prices gong from £100 to 150 to 200-250+k in the space of year, theren't many 964's left to fill that £100-200k void outside an RS.

the 3.6 Turbo is as desirable as the 993 RS

My guess is that it's an artificial market driven by a few individuals that pass these Speedsters between each other. Each time paying a bit more than they did last time in the knowledge that they will get a few K on top of what they paid when they move on to the next one in the chain. A bit like pass the parcel but with a rubbish present at the end. :grin:

21 years old - mental money. :dont know:

Boxsey said:
My guess is that it's an artificial market driven by a few individuals that pass these Speedsters between each other. Each time paying a bit more than they did last time in the knowledge that they will get a few K on top of what they paid when they move on to the next one in the chain. A bit like pass the parcel but with a rubbish present at the end. :grin:

nice quote :thumb:

Forgetting the price for a moment it looks in very nice condition

I'd rather be seen in a 964 c2 coupe.

Or this and £5k change.

Attachments

• rolls_royce_phantom_phantom_drophead_coupe_s1669555_8_575.jpg
    rolls_royce_phantom_phantom_drophead_coupe_s1669555_8_575.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 6,131
Stimpy said:
Stone me now... But I just don't get speedsters... Look turd to me...

+2

Wish I had brought the LHD one I got offered 10 years ago for 15K...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back