Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Riviera Blue

I was going to do my 964 in Rivera (it's not Riviera) blue. Looked for ages, loved it etc, then decided to go gulf blue, and glad I did.

Currently being done at the moment at Pro9 in Redditch.

23f7918ebc58a6cb4d51cd28838e258b_zpsugqhaaxd.jpg

Peter - I hope you are getting some nice big orange stripes? :)

PeterS said:
I was going to do my 964 in Rivera (it's not Riviera) blue.
Sorry, its not Rivera.
According to Porsche's 'Colours' brochure of the day its definitely 'Riviera' :judge:

Attachments

• riviera_blue_111.jpg
    riviera_blue_111.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 22,533
...thought I was having a Ben Turpin moment (like your avatar) reading that! Rivera Bob doesn't sound the same.

If we're suggesting alternatives, I think that the original, non-metallic Slate Grey would look amazing with the red interior.

If not, I'll get me coat. :oops:

HPNer said:
Next month its going into Southbound for a total interior change to Porsche's Can-Can red leather (with black leather re-trim of top dash and top doorcards etc etc).
Now that I've committed to that, I realise that it would look super nice if the rest of the car was Riviera Blue.

This isn't quite Riviera Blue but it may give an idea on how the colour combo may look:

19fe4b8cf0a9cead3842739b99ed8eb2.jpg

ch3tman said:
This isn't quite Riviera Blue but it may give an idea on how the colour combo may look:

Fab! :thumb:

Sounds as tho its going to be a stunning project to follow , :thumbs:

That is a brave decision (as Sir Humphrey would have said....)

You'll not be losing it in the car park amongst all the other cars..!

Riviera blue suits the 993 particularly well will look great when finished.

I've heard good things about Precision and I visited them a while ago to see for myself. I was impressed so when the time comes my car is likely to go there.

I had a white 944t with Can Can interior and loved the colours. Now have a 993 in black with Flamenco/black interior and it is equally gorgeous.

Personally I am not a fan of a bright colour throughout (including steering wheel etc) but broken up with a black top of dash - as you are doing - breaks the mould and it will look fabulous.

Lots of pictures - before and after please. :yahoo:

Patronus said:
Riviera blue suits the 993 particularly well will look great when finished.

I've heard good things about Precision and I visited them a while ago to see for myself. I was impressed so when the time comes my car is likely to go there.

Yes, it's going to Sam at Precision. It's got a few other minor bits to sort our like the removal of the hoop with the third brake light and placing the high brake light above rear glass.

The body's in very good nick all round, so hopefully no nasties lurking beneath, but we shall see. As the screen's coming out, a new one's going in as someone at some stage polished it with a diamond cutter! Big scratchy swirls right in my line of sight!

The scuttle etc. has all been done, so touch wood that should look ok.

Oh, and while its there I'm getting the main engine cooling fan painted/powder-coated Red!

It will be noticed! :grin:

Good for you! great decision, Sam at Precision did some work on my Targa, including a new screen, great bloke and a lovely job..

I'm now following this with great interest, Riviera's my favourite colour by miles, I was seriously considering a wrap, but keen to see how your's turns out!

Good luck with it and keep the pictures coming please! :thumbs:

ch3tman said:

19fe4b8cf0a9cead3842739b99ed8eb2.jpg

I like that a lot.

HPNer - This is similar to a colour combo I have considered for my Speedster - Meissen blue and red leather.

I think the 993 is the last of the Porsches to be able to carry off this sort of colour. To my eyes just doesn't suit the more modern ones.

Can't wait to see how this turns out but I have a good feeling about it. I wish I could be as brave with my 4S.

Attachments

• sky_blue_porsche_356_speedster_by_partywave_168.jpg
    sky_blue_porsche_356_speedster_by_partywave_168.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 7,472

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back