Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cobalt Blue C2

Thank you for all your nice comments - I will blush if you keep saying nice things :thumb:

After a bit of rest and relaxation last weekend, back into the workshop today. I have been tidying up the last few details, nothing difficult, just very time consuming.

I started at the front and worked to the rear. When I put the front bumper on, I chose not to fit the fog lamps as I was waiting for the spacers to arrive, and looking from the near side, there is plenty of space to get to the back of the bumper. Of course, I completed forgot that the off side is blocked by the oil radiator :frustrated:

So, spacers arrived

Photo showing back of lamp without spacers - shows how much room there is to wiggle the lamp

And a photo from under the car of the off side lamp - it is tight to get a spanner or socket in.

And whilst I was there - a shot of the new grill I fitted

Other jobs today included fitting the last wheel arch liner, new fixings to various parts of the floor.

Last week I put the engine under tray back on. During the week I realised I had forgotten to fit the flexible pipes off the top of the heat exchangers. Taking the under tray off again wasn't too much of a hard ship - I wasn't happy with the fittings I used, so bought new ones during the week. Who said I have OCD..... :hand:

I priced the genuine hoses for the top of the heat exchangers. After I picked myself up off the floor I looked for and alternative. I elected to use this aluminium ducting, with new jubilee clips

Very simple to fit

Photos above are from the nearside heat exchanger. When I moved to the offside, I wondered why I was getting a spark when I lifted the pipe into position. I then realised that the ducting sits very close to the starter motor. So I have refitted the original pipe for now.

Final job of the day was to fit the rear spoiler. I did start this last week, then found some of the guides has been affected by the powder coating. Photo below shows the old and new sleeve used on one of the pivots

I ran out of time and patience to complete this today, I will try and finish this tomorrow.

Thanks for the link - I may well get some of that pipe.

Right - I set myself the target today of having a car ready to go to an MOT. Whilst the car seemed reasonably complete, there was lots to do. A non MOT item but reasonably satisfying was another coat of polish and a coat of carnauba wax :D

So, the job list today was;

Fit rear wing, rear wall and all of the other gubbins.
fitted glass to wing mirrors - and was delighted when they worked!
Fitted number plates
Torqued up wheel nuts and drive shaft nuts
Fitted front and rear wipers
Topped up fluids

next two photos show that the rear wing works :lol:

I couldn't resist the next photo. My next project, a Porsche 914, arrived this week. I washed my 944 earlier in the day, and I had the potting shed to myself. So I lined the cars up.

So, once I had ran out of things to do, I took the car home ready to drop off for the MOT (I have access to trade plates). It is the first time I have driven the car in 18 months. It is good to have it back!! Minor issue arose - I have an oil leak - it is coming from the gasket around the oil tank level sensor. I renewed the gasket when I put the car back together so will tighten it up tomorrow. Fingers now crossed for MOT later in the week. I might get around to tidying the workbench this week.

Fantastic work buddy :thumb:

Just think, you'll be driving her proper soon! :)

All the little ducks in a row :thumb:

Good luck with the MOT. I look forward to a ride when it legal..... :?:

That's not a potting shed it's a stable full of thoroughbreds :thumb:

Lovely!
Paul

Three little piggies! :thumbs:

Nice one.
Ian

The cobalt 964 is stunning and the white 944 takes me back to my white '88S. All great cars.

LMR said:
MOT passed!!!! :thumb:

Congrats on the MOT pass, now enjoy!

Mine passed on Wednesday too :thumbs:

Chris

So, MOT passed, but also developed an oil leak when I went to pick it up :frustrated:

At first, I thought it was a loose nut around the oil level sensor, so tightened them. It was still leaking, so I took a closer look.

You will see above the middle two nuts in the middle a crescent shape - the source of the leak. Very annoyed I missed this when reassembling the car.

A quick call to my local OPC got the new part on order, and a bit of alradite as a get me home measure. Part picked up this morning, photo shows old and new one.

The drive home from the potting shed was a little longer than usual tonight :D

For all the time I have spent working on this car, I have been looking forward the first drive. Tonight did not disappoint :thumbs:

Superb stuff Phil. We shall have to go for a run out soon. We spend to much time in our respect garages :oops:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back