Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Group Performance Driver 'Track' Day - Saturday 9th May 2015

Jamesyg said:
Didn't know if any of the guys attending were staying nearby on the Friday and fancied a bite to eat? Thought I'd book myself into a local holiday inn to make sure I was fresh for the morning!

I'm up for that pm sent

PM en route... Probably will arrive too late for dinner, but brekkie then convoy over? :)

Waz said:
Jamesyg said:
Didn't know if any of the guys attending were staying nearby on the Friday and fancied a bite to eat? Thought I'd book myself into a local holiday inn to make sure I was fresh for the morning!

I'm up for that pm sent

Booked in, you have my mobile number :thumb:

Waz said:
Waz said:
Jamesyg said:

I'm up for that pm sent

Booked in, you have my mobile number :thumb:

Nice one mate! Will see you Friday! Will prob arrive for 7ish! Will drop you a text when I get in!

No photos allowed on site, but this was in the car park at the end of the day.

What a fantastic day out. Great training, great cars and great company.
I am up for the next course (advanced cornering), so look forward to meeting up again later in the year.

Couldn't agree more - great day, learnt a lot. Loved the alpine route and finding the 993's limits (and exceeding them in smoky style!) Thanks all for a great day - especially Jo, Colin and Paul from CAT Driver training. Can't wait to go back...

Shame we couldn't take photos, but I understand why,
Truly a great venue for putting your car and yourself to the test,
I didn't have a name for my car but I do now,
So, Daisy Cutter and I look forward to round two :thumb:

I really fancied doing this but since it was an all pork affair I wasn't sure they'd let me join the party :?: By the time I was ready to pluck up the courage to ask all the slots and reserves were already declared :pc:

One for the future perhaps...

Great day.

Thanks to Colin, Paul and Jo from CAT Driver. I thought the tuition style and comments 1st rate.

The high speed banked circuit was well out my comfort zone and 'looking at where you want to be' and not the barrier at 135mph and not fiddling with the steering - well tricky!

My favourite was handling circuit. The heavy rain shower at the end made the concrete circuit particularly slippy. I now know much more what my car will do on the limit. Also what happens when you put a wheel on the grass. :) (One man went to mow......)

I also found out that I have lost the ability to use a clutch and change or even find a gear in a Caterham :eek:

I would love to do the next handling stage with the same group - but can't do until Sept/Oct.

As has been said before - for return on capital - best investment you'll make on your car.

Mr Pub said:
As has been said before - for return on capital - best investment you'll make on your car.
Well worth saying again. Also best investment you'll make on yourself as a driver.

Tuition was absolutely first class, and the variety of the circuits amazing. Great introduction to advanced driving skills, and brilliant for getting used to how your car behaves (I was amazed at the grip). Topping it all off with fun in a caterham (it goes faster with the handbrake off :grin: ). What a day. And fantastic company! Look forward to the advanced corning course.

Amazing day!

Learnt so much about myself, my car, and how far you can push!

Biggest thing for me was getting to grips with the basics of trail braking... Hitting the alpine route, feeling you have over cooked it, but holding the power as the car powers through and the turbos kick in :drive:

Ending the day in the Caterham was awesome.... Although I forgot there was a brake.. Provided a few Ken block style donuts for the crowd...

Great day, great company!! Can't wait for the handling course!

P.s Nick - hope you sort that ABS out!

Morning :bye:

Great to read your feedback & to know you made it safely home after a very enjoyable day. A pleasure to meet you all.

Congratulations to the winners on the day:

Driver of the Day = Millomboy
Slidey Choc = Waz
Fastest Time on the Day, Gymkhana = Mr Pub

Mr Pub - your time was 0.06 seconds short of making it onto the Leader Board :what:

Date wise for the Cornering Masterclass, options could be:

Sunday 2nd August
or Saturday 3rd or 10th October

Let me know which of these you'd like to join, if your diary allows & then I'll post up a new thread for the majority date, or both, if feasible.

Have a great week :thumb:

Jo

chimp911 said:
I really fancied doing this but since it was an all pork affair I wasn't sure they'd let me join the party :?: By the time I was ready to pluck up the courage to ask all the slots and reserves were already declared :pc:

One for the future perhaps...

Chimp - ALL are welcome in any car :thumbs:

Jo

Cool - I need a safe environment to see what happens when I crank the manettino up to 11 :grin:

Jo

My wife enjoyed the champagne very much.

She commented that when I got back I was like a kid that had consumed a jumbo bag of Haribos and had Red Bull'd out!

I can't do Aug but both dates in Oct are good.

Look forward to more fun.

Cheers

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back