Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 and RS cars invited for Dyno Shootout @ SRR

Dont forget someone lost hp with a bypass.

What was interesting to note, exc the 96 rs, that after mine, you was looking at £1k per hp, ie mine to stuarts was 6k, but mine ti a 997.1 was 20hp roughly and itd cost the equivalent. To swap into (unless 7.1s are cheaper/close to 96 prices)

Senoj said:
Im still scratching my head over a 32bhp gain with an x pipe! Both cars on very similar mileages. I think just a slightly stronger engine and then free breathing right at the top end, maybe 10 to 15 out of the pipe? Having said that no manufacturer claims any gains at all for x pipes on 997's that i have seen so maybe you dropped a blue pill in the tank :D

Mr La Source, my butt dyno gives a slighty exaggerated flat spot when the X pipe was on the car around the 7k mark, are you seeing that on the chart for the grey car?

There is a bit of a dip of the rate of increase around 7.5k of perhaps 10bhp (though power is still increasing)...plus the torque is tailing off, but does not look all that significant...I guess you have a sensitive but :)

kVkECmXF.jpg

LaSource said:
NLW73 said:
any K400 manthey cars running and achieving 400 or more?

In the end we only had one Manthey car and that posted a fair bit less than expected and therefore suspect something else was causing that. Charlie felt the fuel mixture was not quite right.

That's the understatement of the century :D I got 350bhp with AFR of 14.3:1 at 7800rpm. As a matter of fact the AFR refuses to go below 13.5 across the range, which while great for economy is an absolute killer for power. JZM will be getting the car this week as it is damn dangerous to drive so lean. The good news is that if it made that power while running so lean and pulling timing, it should make its monicker when she back to running properly with an AFR lower than 13:1.

Because of the shorter 4,5 and 6th you don't really feel the lack of power, but once on the dyno, it tells.

The 997.2 GT3 seems down on power - any idea what that was about?

LaSource said:
Senoj said:
Im still scratching my head over a 32bhp gain with an x pipe! Both cars on very similar mileages. I think just a slightly stronger engine and then free breathing right at the top end, maybe 10 to 15 out of the pipe? Having said that no manufacturer claims any gains at all for x pipes on 997's that i have seen so maybe you dropped a blue pill in the tank :D

Mr La Source, my butt dyno gives a slighty exaggerated flat spot when the X pipe was on the car around the 7k mark, are you seeing that on the chart for the grey car?

There is a bit of a dip of the rate of increase around 7.5k of perhaps 10bhp (though power is still increasing)...plus the torque is tailing off, but does not look all that significant...I guess you have a sensitive but :)

kVkECmXF.jpg

Are you sure that car hasnt been mapped ? :D the flat spot is sort of there but its not as pronounced as the std car.

Richyd said:
The 997.2 GT3 seems down on power - any idea what that was about?

That was a surprising. There were no obvious indications why....(non super) unleaded tesco fuel? :dont know:

On that point, Alexmac's fettled 996RS posted 418bhp...and apparently had been filled with basic unleaded by mistake!
...proper 99ron vpower could have helped to hit 420bhp!

Senoj said:
LaSource said:
Senoj said:

kVkECmXF.jpg

Are you sure that car hasnt been mapped ? :D the flat spot is sort of there but its not as pronounced as the std car.

The x-axis are on slightly different scale in the two photos stretching out the dip in my graph :devil:

LaSource said:
The x-axis are on slightly different scale in the two photos stretching out the dip in my graph :devil:

Is that what your tuner told you to say :floor:

kingston said:
Dont forget someone lost hp with a bypass.

What was interesting to note, exc the 96 rs, that after mine, you was looking at £1k per hp, ie mine to stuarts was 6k, but mine ti a 997.1 was 20hp roughly and itd cost the equivalent. To swap into (unless 7.1s are cheaper/close to 96 prices)

Yes, personally I was expecting a drop with the bypass. Which seemed to be the case with one of the 997.1 GT3s...though that could have some other reason too.

I see your point that from a hp per £ perspective the 996.2 and 997.1 are probably the most efficient cars :)

...but pricing is another subject not related to actual performance. i.e. a 996.1 may have the least power, but could possibly end up being one of the more sought after.

Senoj said:
LaSource said:

...this is not the graph you are looking for...
Move along now...

:starwars:

always wanted to use that emoticon :)

Gutted, I was going to pop along to spectate on this, but completely forgot it was this weekend....

Would have been the perfect opportunity to talk everything GT3 in a relaxed environment.

Hope you all had a brilliant day.

LaSource said:
Senoj said:
LaSource said:

...this is not the graph you are looking for...
Move along now...

:starwars:

always wanted to use that emoticon :)

Sadly not.

Fancy a RHD Car?

Stuart said:
Guess I'll be the first:

996.2 GT3
M&M exhaust
EVOMsIT map

F9C35267-6E14-4091-8521-80470ADCAA49.jpg

:thumb:

Beautiful torque curve. Nice and flat along the RPM range - what is standard torque figure in that engine buddy?

I'm going to see if I can get down there for a power run in the next few weeks. I'd like a comparison with you guys

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back