Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Project - Under the bubbles

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will probably be demoting me due to lack off effort....I've read that somewhere before :?:

Cheers,
Paul

Never Paul, we won't have it!
We need to look out for the elderly (I'm surprised you can work a computer!)

Top job Gaz, you've worked hard on her over the winter, your making us look bad!

Ian

Congrats bud :)

Readers wives chief :hand: not sure who`s spent more on refurbishment.

Sailed through mot today :thumb: I have also noticed a slight oil leak coming from my oil filter given it a bit of a birl see if that stops it. Going back to winter one when I had the car that was the year the suspension got an overhaul so just to try and capture it all in one place heres abit of a summary

Bilstein HD and design Tek springs
Media blast front arms etc
Clean rear arms
new handbrake cables and shoes
new rear wheel bearings
powder coat anti roll bars back and front
fit new drop links rear
Fit four pot calipers on rear
replace all bushes with powerflex

A bit of a heads up to anyone contemplating new shocks and springs which was my original intention however as usual once you start digging into a 25 year old car as we all know the shopping list grows.

Attachments

• am8_120.jpg
    am8_120.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 21,703
  • bush2_446.jpg
    bush2_446.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 21,703
  • bush10_166.jpg
    bush10_166.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 21,703
  • clean_arm_426.jpg
    clean_arm_426.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 21,703
Some more suspension

Attachments

• ps120_323.jpg
    ps120_323.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 21,694
  • ps132_106.jpg
    ps132_106.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 21,694
  • ra2_158.jpg
    ra2_158.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 21,694
  • sus3_135.jpg
    sus3_135.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 21,694
Very nice :thumbs:

Ian

a sight that brings a tear to most 964 owners

sus3_135.jpg

Gaz,

You should be easing up a bit, take a breather mate, smell the... erm, thistles and let me catch up, the guys are giving me a hard time :grin:

Top work,
Paul
:thumb:

Paul,

I`m done for the rest of the year time to drive it.

Well another couple of jobs done tonight, got the gearbox oil changed after finally getting the filler plug out a bit of soaking with rost off ice which is a great product if you havent used it and a bit of persuasion with a chisel and bobs your uncle I went with opie`s recommendation

Millers Oils CRX 75w-90 NT Competition full synthetic transmission oil, took about 3.5l

I have also got a new pair of tyres on the front :thumb:

Paul,

I`m done for the rest of the year time to drive it.

I thought you said were done Gaz? :roll:

Give it a rest mate!

Paul :grin:

Daughters Birthday party house full of screaming kids could take it no more between that and the election had to seek inner peace and solitude in the garage :mechanic:

964 no more !

Right gang as some of you were aware the car was maybe heading to pastures new well young Chris a lovely fella from chesire headed home with her today and I`m sure he will enjoy the 964 as much as I did now things took an unexpexted turn when I picked it up after its PPI when in casual discussion a car that has become newly available was going to tempt me so watch this space :D

:popcorn:

Re: 964 no more !

Gazc2 said:
Right gang as some of you were aware the car was maybe heading to pastures new well young Chris a lovely fella from chesire headed home with her today and I`m sure he will enjoy the 964 as much as I did now things took an unexpexted turn when I picked it up after its PPI when in casual discussion a car that has become newly available was going to tempt me so watch this space :D

Good luck with the new project :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back