Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cobalt Blue C2

Just ordered engine bits for mine. At least it's cheaper than 964 stuff :thumb:

Late one in the workshop tonight, but some good progress made. First off I fitted the remainder of the lights. I was very pleased when they all worked!

I then went to work with more rust proofing. In the cavities I have used dinatrol and on the surface, clear waxoyl. This is a picture of the sill. The brown / black is the dinatrol coming out of the drain holes

I have also rust proofed the wheel arches. Again, you will see a mix of shiny brown and clear. I have used dinatrol on the surfaces that won't be seen (particularly behind the plastic liners) and clear waxoyl elsewhere.

This is a super messy job, but I think well worth it.

To compensate for the messy task, I wanted to do something which changed the visual appearance of the car. So I thought I would pop on the outer sill cover. New seal fitted pretty easily, and wasn't a massive hassle to get the seal to sit correctly.

Right, shower and bed - and back to it tomorrow.

Happy reading

Looking good Phil. I recon you could park it next to the sea for a decade and not see any rust :grin:

Chief

I am not going to test that theory :hand:

Lots done today, but little of worthiness to photo. Nearside sill cover fitted, number plate lights, collected what I thought was my last set of parts from OPC. Wheels were due back from powder coaters today, but won't be ready until tomorrow.

I did get distracted for part of the day. I am going to the Stanford Hall VW show at the weekend, and as the rust proofing stuff was lying around, I applied some underseal to my motorhome, and new disk brakes.

I also found that the fittings I have for the rear spoiler are knackered, so will be spending this evening trawling through the parts catalogue ordering a few more parts......... :frustrated:

Just back from the potting shed. I have been fiddling with other stuff for part of the day, but finally got around to the 964 mid afternoon. I have been refitting wheel arch liners, which I have to say is not the most pleasurable task I have ever done, but just one of those tasks that needs doing.

Whilst in the arch I also fitted the rear bumper support bars

And because it was messing with chief's OCD (and mine), I also removed the overspray off the radius arms

Before

After

I also completed the fitting of side sills and the sharks fins - no photos are people have covered this in other blogs.

Cant remember if I mentioned this before, but on Sunday I looked at my tyres and realised they were not going to pass an MOT. I had decided that I was going to defer wheel refurbishment until a later date, but As I needed tyres fitting, it made sense to get them done now. I picked them up today.

After lots of time sorting through bags of fittings to get the arches fitted, and with the wheels having arrived, I pressed on, fitted them, and took the car off the axle stands.

Still lots to do, but having a car back on 4 wheels feels really good :thumbs:

Why is it, the closer the car gets to completion, the more messy my workbench gets :dont know:

Great work :thumb:

Looking good, I'll have to find time to pop round with Chief and see it in the flesh again.

You can see light at the end of the tunnel now.

:thumb:

Hi Phil,

I'm really looking forward to seeing it out from under the covers, it's going to look mint!

Great work :thumb:
Paul

Chaps

Thank you for all of the kind words :thumb:

So, with wheels on, I couldn't find any more excuses not to get the car out of the potting shed and give it a wash. I am sure the headlamps blinked after it has been so long since it last saw daylight :nooo:

I don't think I realised quite how careful I was with working on cars until I started working on my 964 (some would call it OCD.....). I am now paranoid about introducing any scratches onto the paintwork, so I have bought a bucket with a scratch guard in the bottom and a lid to ensure the inside stays clean between washes.

So, one car, washed

And with the first coat of polish

I could have happily carried on cleaning and waxing all day, but the ramp was available and I had a few jobs to do under the car. Fitting of last piece of exhaust completed, engine under tray on, and all the plastic fittings to the underside of the sill covers now on.

Right, I am having the rest of the weekend off and popping down to Stanford Hall. Enjoy your bank holiday weekends :thumbs:

Brilliant stuff Phil. Would have been down today but got stuck on the blue one!
I'll see you tomorrow at the show. You can make me a cuppa if you've gone in the motor home :thumb:

Your new one should be about here to fill the space vacated. As they say one out, one into :lol:

Nice to see it back on wheels :thumb:

Superb, loving the D90's :thumb:

Ian

I knew it would look fantastic 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back