Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

918 in flames at petrol station

IMI A said:
Daft place to put exhaust

Daft to put the fuel filler near it, but there are actually good engineering reasons for it to be there (including weight, distribution, size and thermal dissipation - keeps it well away from the batteries and electric motors and keeps the pipe lengths as short as possible). It wasn't moved from the side on the prototype to the top for purely aesthetic reasons.... :hand:

Might seem cynical but this sort of thing is ok by me. I work for the Fire and Rescue Service so this sort of story warms the cockles of my heart - and keeps me in a job. :coat:

Engine at the rear ........ fuel filler a the front ........ engine at the front ........ fuel filler at the rear ....... simples.

madalaa said:
Engine at the rear ........ fuel filler a the front ........ engine at the front ........ fuel filler at the rear ....... simples.

Or the Lotus Esprit way:

Engine in the middle... seats in front of the engine... a fuel tank wedged between each seat and the engine bay... a fuel filler both sides just behind the driver and passenger windows... and engine air vents so close to the windows the smell of petrol is always there...

:hand:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back