Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Michelin Pilot Super Sport Approval

Not a daft question at all.

Am on COMFORT setting, and have been from Day 1. Tyres are set (so that when warm) the TPMS typically reads 2.1-2.2 bar front and 2.3-2.5 bar rear depending on the ambient. The car carries no load other than myself.

Is this correct, or have I screwed up ?

Maybe COMFORT setting is not suitable for my style of driving and should increase pressures to STANDARD ?

If the pressures aren't increasing much when hot, and are increasing evenly then you're working the tyres evenly. You could try slightly higher and slightly lower pressures +or - 0.2 bar and see how it feels to you.
There are no hard and fast rules, but check the tread depth across the tyre. If it's even wear, then you're using the whole contact patch, and the pressures are right. Have a look at where the tyre rolls to as well. If the sidewalks are rolling to the edge of the tread during full on cornering, then again the pressures are right. If you can see a witness past the tread onto the sidewalk then you need to up your pressures a bit.

Manufacturers usually get it pretty close with recommended pressures, but I usually find that 2-4psi bellow recommended works for my driving style, but on my last 2 911's the recommended press is spot on.

Thanks again Wilko1. :thumb:

Tread wear is perfectly even across all the tyres and sidwall to tread interface is fine.

Will experiment with a few small changes in pressure, but guess the overall wear trend is probably me, the car and too much aggression through bends. :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back