Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cobalt Blue C2

I have learnt over the years not to be methodical with rebuilding stuff. I have a habit of not throwing away any components until a car is fully assembled. This is the current collection of replaced parts.... (excluding seals etc)

So, back to progress. Door membrane stuck in place (but still needs some trimming)

As ever, new seals fitted etc.

Speaker slotted into place (they needed a bit of trimming to go into the mounting rings)

And (hopefully) finished door trim.

Must get around to doing the other side.

Managed an hour at the potting shed tonight. Forgot to take my camera, so no photos. Progress was limited to feeding the wires though the rubbers to the heated rear screen. I have ended up with a functioning heated rear screen (testing with a thermometer and a volt tester) but very sore fingers and plenty of scratches to my forearms.

If anyone wants tips on how to do this, my suggestion would be to pay someone to fit them for you :nooo:

Quick update for something that took plenty of time.......

New rear speakers

And after a few hours of cleaning, grunting, wiggling and cleaning, I now have a completed interior :)

As usual Phil, sterling work from the 'Potting Shed Masiv' This car will look lovely in the sunshine, so get a wriggle on eh :p

Alas my dabbling is limited to weekends - I do have a day job to do :hand:

Hoping for significant progress this weekend, and will be having a week off soon to get this completed.

Isn't Mark painting the bumpers this weekend?

Chief

Painted today! I haven't seen them yet, so very excited! Collecting parts to fit front up from OPC tomorrow, and ordering the remainder of the parts while I am there.

On the home straight now.....

Thanks for the offer of a swap.

The number of hours, the blood, sweat and tears poured in, and the shear joy this car brings - the answer is no :eek:

Quick update tonight.

I got to the potting shed tonight to be greeted by the sight of some nice shiny bits.

Shiny front bumper

and a few other bits

I was dying to get on with assembly, but Mark advised me to leave them alone for another day to make sure the paint is fully dry.

Meanwhile, Mark was busy doing the final flat and polish

Hopefully plenty of progress will be made tomorrow

Gorgeous Phil. I have nothing more to add.

LMR said:
Thanks for the offer of a swap.

The number of hours, the blood, sweat and tears poured in, and the shear joy this car brings - the answer is no :eek:

:sad: :thumbs:

So, with the bumpers sprayed, I has run out of excuses not to get on and fit them. I remember them being a pig to remove, so really wasn't looking forward to today.

Collected a few goodies from OPC, including new grill and rubber "smile".

The grill went in easily enough. The rubber smile was more of a pain. Even though it is a genuine part, the fit isn't that brilliant. In the end, I elected to use a little contact adhesive. Even so, it takes plenty of clamps to get it into position.

Whilst waiting for the glue to dry, I thought it wise to take the opportunity to get some waxoyl on. It looks a bit yellowy in the photo - it does eventually become clear.

After a couple of cups of tea, a few biscuits and chatting, I couldn't put it off any longer, so I went for a trial fit.

It went on first time of trying!!! I reused the metal brackets under the front wings (but had them powder coated), everything else was new fixings.

New clips for the under tray

And after lots of crawling around on the floor, I now have this :D

Thanks Geoff - it took me an hour to leave the workshop tonight - I had to keep going back and look at at it :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back