Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The watercooled Porsche challenge. My 1980 Porsche 924

Kas, will you be staying at the Trype? I am going out on the Thursday, with Terry, shall we follow the trail of bits and bobs tha might have fallen off. ;-)I really think this is going to be an epic thread ........ Thanks :)

Can someone add a link to this show? I'm in a Germany right now, if it's not too far I might go.

So do you need a Porsche to get in? Don't have my car with me.

isysman said:
So do you need a Porsche to get in? Don't have my car with me.

Get to The Tryp Hotel at Oberhausen for breakfast. It's only about 10 miles from Dinslaken. I'm sure there'll be plenty of pax seats available. You can share the entry cost. £25 per car + 2 passengers. :thumb:

GT4 said:
T8 said:
:thumb: Takes me back to 1987

Weren't they still badged Audi back then :?:

:wack: I do hate cheeky kids.

As I said, back in the day, if it says PORSCHE on the engine it's a Porsche. Even if it did uncannily resemble the lump residing in a VW van of the same era.

I am hopefully collecting the car later on today..I can't wait!

A running,driving Porsche for the price of a pair of back tyres on my GT3..whats not to like! :thumbs:

T8 said:
GT4 said:
T8 said:
:thumb: Takes me back to 1987

Weren't they still badged Audi back then :?:

:wack: I do hate cheeky kids.

As I said, back in the day, if it says PORSCHE on the engine it's a Porsche. Even if it did uncannily resemble the lump residing in a VW van of the same era.

Your umbrage is misplaced.

It was not a slight on the 924 (arguably the 944 and 968 could be equally tarred), but a reference to how long ago that was :grin:

Meanwhile back at the ranch..

My brother kindly helped me to collect the car using his trailer.

after a short journey I have my new car at home.

Time for a few before pics then.

The underside is in incredible condition for a 35 year old car.

The interior is in excellent condition and with a sympathetic clean will look super.

The spare wheel is new and unused!

The sunroof drain pipe has been blocked so I removed the carpets to dry them out..The floor pans look like new..

Underbonnet area is very original and should clean up well.

So then into the garage and onto axle stands.

and off with the hubs for a clean and check.

...and that's it for today..I must say I am absolutely thrilled with this little Porsche.. :)

That's in fantastic indicting.

Just look under those arches.

👍

(Although the interior is a little 'please do not adjust your set')

Looks tidy :thumb: Looking at the angle/length of the tail pipe did the seller by any chance have a Balmoral Green Range Rover :dont know:

Fantastic stuff Mr T. Respect :worship:

Zingari said:
Looks tidy :thumb: Looking at the angle/length of the tail pipe did the seller by any chance have a Balmoral Green Range Rover :dont know:

In certain (balmoral green) circles that is what's known as a humpit trumpet :hand:

Great car, looking forward to seeing the rest of the project :thumb:

Memories :cloud9:

Really love that Pasha interior. The first 928 I ever saw had it and from that moment I was determined to have one. It never happened though :sad:

Is it strange that whilst I simply admire your GT3 I'm actually :envy: about your new buy? :mrgreen:

T8 said:
Is it strange that whilst I simply admire your GT3 I'm actually :envy: about your new buy? :mrgreen:

I understand totally.The fun I can have for such a paltry outlay and of course the nostalgia.I really like this little car and it's great bonding with it by carrying out work myself and learning about it.

I think you should buy one as well ! :grin:

I know of a couple of people that have started scanning auto trader and eBay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back