Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

G50 3.2 - New owner

james.mckenzie

Ladies and Gentlemen,

After years of internet scouring I have come to the Porsche fold and picked up an 87' 3.2 G50 manual coupe - midnight blue and 70k on the clock!

I bought it with almost no history but the car itself sold it for me. Could not see rust in front wings, kidneys and the tinware only has very light surface rust. Its been repainted at some stage, but who's hasnt.

Anyway on the drive home I noticed a hum from the front left that dissappeared when I applied the brakes but kept coming back on - suspect brake binding. Oil pressure stuck at 5 bar - suspect switch as level and temp appear to be low to half way up the gauge. However none of the fenders were warm indicating oil running to the cooler?

My question to you lovely people is regarding garages. As the car comes with very limited history I want to take it to a trusted independant for mechanicals and then bodywork and get them to give the once over and a basic service to get me on my way (must haves and nice to haves).

From then on I can set up a service schedule (whilst I call around previous owners and catch back some that was lost) and hit the remaining items when finances allow.

I live in the midlands but would drive further if you have someone to reccommend.

I heard that PCT (Coventry) do a free inspection however I assume that means they expect you to have it serviced with them? Tuthill and Autofarm are also not far away..

Recommendations much appreciated.

I'll post some pictures when I have a chance!

liebe GrüàŸe

James

Well done chum, we got there in the end :thumb: Lot's of air-cooled owners in the Midlands so I am sure they will pipe up with some recommendations.

Oil to F/O/S cooler sounds like a thermostat issue to open the valve. Be advised correct oil level is when the tap is open to the cooler.

Others as you say point to sender unit and perhaps dirty connectors for the oil pressure :dont know:

Any of those Indys will see you right and many congrats. This thread is nothing without pics!

I have been using Fred Coby at Motawerk for sevice ,had my Porches over the last 20 years or so. Based at Saddington
0116 2402979
Just done similar to what you are after for a neighbour who has bought a Boxster with little history

james, can i ask where you bought this car from please, as it sounds like mine?? was it from the GU11 area?>
massive coincidence with colour/timing/milage/age etc.

and do you work for aston martin?

Thanks all, a big help.

Medicus, I've PM'd you.

Heres the car!

Attachments

• 911_523.jpg
    911_523.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 15,314
yep that was my car.
she is a stunner, and you have got a bargain there sir.
she will only go up in price.
that looks like steves house? is that where you bought it from?

Favourite bits.

It cost a house deposit - My wife's going to kill me!

Attachments

• dollar_16_238.jpg
    dollar_16_238.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 15,203
Very nice, love that colour. :thumbs:

Just read thread , very nice looking car , love the interior and dark blue paint real compliment each oher :thumbs:

Beautiful car, been looking for a 3.2 for past 6 months and haven't even seen one that nice.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back