Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Kenu airframe phone holder problem

DrIan

Trainee
Advice please.

Bought one of these for my Samsung S3 smartphone.

Fitted mount to nearer of the two central air vents in car.

Vent seems too loose, when I put phone into mount its weight moves louvre and makes screen droop down facing towards floor.

Tried all three louvres on both central vents -- same problem.

Are my vents too loose ? Is there a fix people have found for this ?

Am I unaware of some trick ?

Want to mount screen as near to eye level as possible for gps use etc

I mount mine (w/iPhone 6) on the top slat of the right hand vent as far over to the right side of the vent as possible and it stays put :dont know:

I have a cheap generic version of this and mount it on the divider between the two centre vents which doesn't move.

Not sure if possible on your model but works for me.

Thanks very much.

Tried both of these suggestions and they are a big improvement.

I don't have mine to hand but take a look at the mounting 'clips', either horizontal or vertical will have a narrow, more tighter grip. Make sure you use the tighter gap to mount (you can turn it 360 degrees to suit). I had the same issue as you report before I realised this.

EDIT: The above probably isn't articulated well, I just found this pic which should help explain:

kenu-airframe-4.jpg

Also, try using it on the vent by the drivers door, seemed to work well for me and out of sunlight - if used for navigation (although charging isn't as simple when your phone is placed all the way over to the right).

Thread resurrection!

I use my phone as a satnav (Sygic) a lot and have been playing with various phone mounts and positions. I've settled on this unusual setup with a Kenu airframe:
- Open the ashtray and attach Kenu phone holder.
- Grip phone at the bottom, top of phone rests on the dash bottom lip.

It works well for me. I have decent peripheral vision and not found glancing down to be an issue.

Attachments

• p1012345_821.jpg
    p1012345_821.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 3,334
  • p1012343_202.jpg
    p1012343_202.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 3,334
I bought a kenyu airframe after extensive research and it was also too floppy, I put it down to my 997 vents.

Very annoying given the price.

I have now discovered YOSH magnetic mounts. Pack of two for about £7 on Amazon. I use both and it's really secure, even with firm suspension.

You can't really beat the Rennline item for OEM looks :bandit:

5dR7a6b.jpg

m47moe5.jpg
[/img]

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back