Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New GT3 Owner

Skelts

Silverstone
Hi All,

I have a deposit on a 997 gen1 gt3 and picking the car up at the weekend.

I'm purchasing the car from an opc dealer and there are a few bits and pieces they are doing for me.

I do have a question with regard to the front bottom trim/splitter.

the existing one was a little cracked and damaged so a new one was to be provided. Currently they are black plastic. They have told me now that these are discontinued and only ones are available primed ready for painting. is this correct, I'd prefer a plastic one.

I would have thought due to the ride height of these cars this would be a popular replacement part?

Surprising, but as an alternative the motorsport splitter remains an option (lower to the ground, but unpainted soft plastic).

Skelts said:
the existing one was a little cracked and damaged so a new one was to be provided. Currently they are black plastic. They have told me now that these are discontinued and only ones are available primed ready for painting. is this correct, I'd prefer a plastic one.

Your OPC is getting confused between the Design upgrade on the Carrera and the GT3 part number.

The latter may be out of stock but not discontinued.

thanks for your comments.

I was also surprised.

I'll be taking this up with the dealership this afternoon.

Really?

You know this is a family-friendly motoring forum :nooo:

GT4 said:

Really?

:floor:

ps. :welcome: back Skelts. :thumb:

GT4 said:

Really?

Ha Ha,

I couldn't think of the correct description of what it is, I think you know what I mean!

Mattyh said:
Congrats, was it from a London Opc?

I've purchased from Porsche Hatfield. They've been great so far.

I pic the car up in the morning.

Skelts said:
GT4 said:

Really?

Ha Ha,

I couldn't think of the correct description of what it is, I think you know what I mean!

:grin:

Well done, I've been on the lookout for a gen1 for a while but there aren't any coming up for sale, reason I mentioned London is that's where I viewed a Cobalt blue one last week but just didn't take to it, think white will be the colour for me.
Would you mind saying what the sticker price was from an Opc? The only one I can see at the moment is at £87000!! A bit ott for a gen1 unless I'm out of touch. Suppose trying to get a good feel for Opc pricing at the moment.
Post some pics when you get it.

just in time for summer!!!

I did not see that crop up on my advert reminders.
What colour you gone for?

Rsx Boy said:
I did not see that crop up on my advert reminders.
What colour you gone for?

I just missed out on one at the same dealership at the end of last year.

They rang me to say they had one coming in, we had a deal before they are I had even seen the car.

Good examples seem to be sold within a day or two, so took the plunge. Obviously it was always subject to seeing it.

I picked the car up yesterday and very pleased.

Mattyh said:
Well done, I've been on the lookout for a gen1 for a while but there aren't any coming up for sale, reason I mentioned London is that's where I viewed a Cobalt blue one last week but just didn't take to it, think white will be the colour for me.
Would you mind saying what the sticker price was from an Opc? The only one I can see at the moment is at £87000!! A bit ott for a gen1 unless I'm out of touch. Suppose trying to get a good feel for Opc pricing at the moment.
Post some pics when you get it.

just in time for summer!!!

Agreed good ones seem to go as soon as they are advertied.

I actually did the deal on mine before they advertised it.

The one up for £88k does look a little strong, but go low miles, mine has 30k on the clock.

Saying that, who knows these days with the prices of these cars? Look at the price of gen 2's which are hovering around the £100k now.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back