Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dear Bernie...

Thats brilliant , first time there last year for me , so i missed the noise altogether, hope they do something about it , they do seem to be a touch louder this year but nothing like they were , shame on them :nooo:

The way its going people will give up on F1 , all the money Ecclestone has .. and what a shambles it was on Sunday , he needs to distribute the cash equally between the teams and get the noise levels back up "for sure" as they say !
Great Video :thumb:

Dear Bernie, when are you going to retire :?:

I didn't see the race on Sunday but my wife who's a big fan said it was pretty dull!
And she married me :eek:

Ian

1 is seriously ferked up at the moment. yes the cars are fast, BUT, they can't get close and make overtakes, and they sound terrible, and they are far too complicated. It's not just Bernie, he's responsible for the useless circuits they now have to race on where you can't overtake. The FIA have made a complete lash up of the regulations giving us ugly and unreliable cars whilst bringing nothing in terms of useful tech. WEC is doing a good job with hybrids, F1 doesn't need to do this. If nothing changes, this will be my last season watching it.

chimp911 said:
Please please please PLEASE bring back the noise...

:worship:

I haven't heard such a sweet exhaust sound since you pulled away from my place!

there is nothing like a Ferrari on full song.

:cloud9:

Cheers Pete :friends:

I was fortunate enough to be at Monza for the '97 GP and see DC win. We were sat in the stands overlooking the chicane at the end of the start/finish straight and got a perfect view of Schumacher at his best when he nerfed Herbert into the kitty litter :hand:

It was my first (and to this day my only) GP and the while I loved the thrill and spectacle of the whole event it was the noise that captivated me most :cloud9:

So loud that it hurt your ears, so powerful that you could actually feel the vibrations in the air and through your seat, so utterly mesmerising that it will stay with me forever :worship:

Bernie et al have taken what once was a majestic strutting peacock of a sport, and turned it into farmfoods chicken dippers :nooo:

Brings back my fondest F1 memory.

Sitting on the bank at Monaco in 1994 overlooking the whole circuit and hearing a whole field of proper F1 cars at full chat. :cloud9:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back