Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

SOLD* Genuine Porsche 996 GT2 Alloy Wheels with Mich PS2

show1

Trainee
I have for sale a set of genuine porsche 996 gt2 alloy wheels with virtually brand new Michelin ps2 tyres in Porsche fitment. The tyres have only done 200-300 miles, and the alloys are absolutely mint were refurbished 200-300 miles ago. They are the 8.5j larger fronts and larger 12j rears. Tyres are 235/40/18 and rear is 315/30/18. Attached some pics on the car. I am looking for £3500 for wheels and tyres no offers. These are very rare wheels

Attachments

• img_0377_154.jpg
    img_0377_154.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 3,859
  • img_0380_199.jpg
    img_0380_199.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 3,859
No. Turbo are 8j front and 11j rear, Gt2 are 8.5j front and 12j rear. Your pic ref is mk1 similar to gt3. See porsche parts for clarification as there was 2 gt2 996 alloys.

The later 996 GT2s had the ones you are referring to Andrew (I think 2004 onwards?)

Earlier GT2s had the turbo twists, and as the OP has pointed out they were wider both front and rear, hence their rarity value.

DJones may be interested as he's going through a turbo to GT2 looks, so to finish off the look these would be ideal!

That said today we've had GT3 seats for £3500 and GT2 alloys for £3500!! Think I'd rather spend the money on some 9e mods but good luck to the OP!!

mazza said:
The later 996 GT2s had the ones you are referring to Andrew (I think 2004 onwards?)

Earlier GT2s had the turbo twists, and as the OP has pointed out they were wider both front and rear, hence their rarity value.

DJones may be interested as he's going through a turbo to GT2 looks, so to finish off the look these would be ideal!

That said today we've had GT3 seats for £3500 and GT2 alloys for £3500!! Think I'd rather spend the money on some 9e mods but good luck to the OP!!

Yeah gt2 bucket seats £2k + and bumper 2k+, anything genuine gt2 related is going to be rare and expensive. I unfortunately cannot run 12j rear anymore as i dont have the room due to blow by setup and larger intake for the turbo, i need 11j.

ragpicker said:
They look like normal turbo twists to me.

I thought the GT2 wheels looked completely different with 10 spokes??

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Porsche_996_GT2.jpg#/media/File:Porsche_996_GT2.jpg

Only the final production year of the 996 GT2 had the wheels that you are thinking of (which also got some extra carbon and additional horsepower - only 16 UK cars were supplied to that spec though). Those wheels were the same style as the 996.2 GT3 - all earlier GT2s (i.e. most of them) had wheels in the same style as the Turbo twists, however, on the GT2 these had the GT3 front size (8.5j with an ET40 offset) and a wider rear (12j, but retaining the ET45 offset of the Turbo). Turbos had 11j rears and 8j fronts, and the GT3 design wheel was also available in those Turbo fitment sizes and offsets as well as the GT2 sizes and the narrow body GT3 offsets.

Disco said:
ragpicker said:
They look like normal turbo twists to me.

I thought the GT2 wheels looked completely different with 10 spokes??

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Porsche_996_GT2.jpg#/media/File:Porsche_996_GT2.jpg

Only the final production year of the 996 GT2 had the wheels that you are thinking of (which also got some extra carbon and additional horsepower - only 16 UK cars were supplied to that spec though). Those wheels were the same style as the 996.2 GT3 - all earlier GT2s (i.e. most of them) had wheels in the same style as the Turbo twists, however, on the GT2 these had the GT3 front size (8.5j with an ET40 offset) and a wider rear (12j, but retaining the ET45 offset of the Turbo). Turbos had 11j rears and 8j fronts, and the GT3 design wheel was also available in those Turbo fitment sizes and offsets as well as the GT2 sizes and the narrow body GT3 offsets.

Thanks, very good info.

Mk1 Gt2 wheels are solid,spoke rather than hollow spoke, they are more akin to c4s wheels

I have only ever seen 1 other set for sale

Good luck

Thanks Sam look forward to picking them up, as said above it will finish off the looks to my project.

Whilest I like the mk11 wheels I do prefer the clean uncomplicated lines of the mk1.

Still I would say that..... Huh...

Thanks again.

Darren.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back