Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Info request - original Porsche Cayenne's

freddie44

My wife is keen on buying herself a nice original Cayenne so I'd love to get some info please from forum members who've run or have run the original Cayenne 03-09

She wont want the Turbo so its the 3.2 or the 4.5 I'm asking about really

I've picked up there were a few problems with some of the earlier models so like the 997 carrera's is there a year Porsche improved a few things? Any tips / advice?

Also - car tax. Any price changes for certain years?

Thanks a lot :D

One like this:

Porsche___Cayenne_Black%20metallic.JPG

There were problems with the early V8s but I can't remember by which point they were safe I am afraid. Never heard of any issue with the V6 other than that many find the performance underwhelming.

Cheers Colin :thumb:

The reg before 23rd March 2006 car tax cut-off applies so before that is basically 1/2 price tax

3.2 is painfully show and a result the same MPG as the 4.5 V8

worth getting the V8 as the spec is going to be better as the 3.2's were very much under equipped

depends on the budget a the 3.6 V6 Petrol from 2007-2008 is a better car

It's got to be the V8 really hasn't it.. I'll keep on looking...

Cheers :thumb:

I did read something about the coolant pipes needing replacing and it can be expensive. So check if they've been done properly. A search on Google will show you a number of threads on this.

yes the coolant pipes are the only real issue, they run under the engine heads in the centre and are plastic, so get brittle over age with the heat, and are prone to leeks, also the air suspension (if fitted) can suffer problems with the compressor in the spare wheel well
apart from that they are amazing, I have had 2, a 4.8 V8 and a gambella turbo, I would highly recommend these.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back