Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Freddie44's / London Classica - 997.1 GT3 CS running report

freddie44 said:
Anyone have experience good/bad with 'Porsche Assistance?'

Heading into Europe this year and would therefore like some useful cover... for around £170/yr it seems good (if its good)

:?:

Really first class. Got me back from Belgium in a rental, car fixed locally in Liege, they covered all the costs to get it back. excellent customer service with plenty of updates.

NXI20 said:
freddie44 said:
Haha thanks. Shame you don't say to "donate" :D

What about the RSS suspension bits?

At £1150 + VAT for the full package, 'fraid a donation is not going to happen.

I've not tried the RSS toe links, only the coffin arms. The coffin arms are very well made & have lasted very well too, so I suspect you'd be OK with their toe arms. If they come with FK bearings, chuck them & replace with NMB aerospace bearings for an easy life. The FK isn't a long-lived bearing IME.

I use the GMG arms on mine and they've been on for nearly 70K miles now without needing any replacement parts. The key is to protect all the rose joints with rubber boots.

Thanks for the info Nick. I take it Chris does all the above for you?

:thumb:

Senoj said:
freddie44 said:
Anyone have experience good/bad with 'Porsche Assistance?'

Heading into Europe this year and would therefore like some useful cover... for around £170/yr it seems good (if its good)

:?:

Really first class. Got me back from Belgium in a rental, car fixed locally in Liege, they covered all the costs to get it back. excellent customer service with plenty of updates.

Good to know they're there if we need 'em.

I did try them last month as had a flat battery. I had to wait over 2 hours (in my house mind) for the chap to arrive - apparently I didn't say it was an emergency so they didn't rush to me!? :dont know: I learnt my lesson that day :grin:

I bought the car the most mega battery I could and realised again why Porsche offer a "light weight" version... 18 kgs this one

Brakes, battery's, wheels etc could be so much lighter!

freddie44 said:
Thanks for the info Nick. I take it Chris does all the above for you?

Chris mainly + some additional work by Matt.

Drive-by from early today :roll: :D

In hindsight should have waited for a clear road but for the fun of it:

And one at Silverstone end of 2013 with the 911uk crew:

SHOCK HORROR - no "value chat" in sight just more driving in GT3's - WHATEVER NEXT ?! :grin:

Had a cracking early morning drive (6am start :nooo:) with a new friend and fellow GT3 driver, Chis.
It was well worth the early start with lots of quality roads enjoyed around Kent, Sussex and Hamps. Quite good for house hunting too.
We arrived towards the end of the organised morning at Precision Porsche but had a wonder round before heading back up the A22 to London - was great!!

A few pics:

75cb9670-9d5d-4099-afab-c9d5115db90c_zps9mone38x.jpg

81da3f6ccbb286dafd2e3820e4f91101_zpsdad3e0ed.jpg

86529f6585dfe3ff110ed620cbbfc65a_zps7f40fc04.jpg

d7316cca813c8ab260cbb0201845d1b9_zpsdcd9cb78.jpg

66fe1669ca5d63cc47b12a930d3d220c_zpsd0c501fe.jpg

58ef0ceb9d51fbe67dc709758252e94d_zpse856b789.jpg

Nice pics! :thumb:

Sorry I missed you at Precision - I left around 11.15'ish I think. Would have been nice to say hi!

Richyd said:
Nice pics! :thumb:

Sorry I missed you at Precision - I left around 11.15'ish I think. Would have been nice to say hi!

I think we arrived at 11.30 after a little miss-adventure around the Bluebell Railway next door :grin:

Next time, Rich! :thumb:

It was a little like being back at school for us at Goodwood yesterday... black flagged and "spoken too" most of the afternoon.. Great fun!! :)

Naughty boy! Did the noise police get you?? Have you got by-pass pipes fitted?

Richyd said:
Naughty boy! Did the noise police get you?? Have you got by-pass pipes fitted?

Hi Rich. Yes the Hayward & Scott one

Noise police were generous at the start but then on track I kept setting off their track side microphones at 103db's. On track limit is 101db's (was a 105db static "noisy" day)

I didn't bother with the Decibel Devils either as I was an intermittent annoyance and spent most of the time being grinned at. (or maybe that was just me) I'd rather not use them unless absolutely have too I guess

Anyway, I'm certainly not taking the bypass off its amazing :grin: :thumb:

Anyway, I'm certainly not taking the bypass off its amazing

...thats what I like to hear!!

I don't want to take mine off either!

I'm down at Goodwood tomorrow for a photoshoot with GT Porsche magazine!

Richyd said:
Anyway, I'm certainly not taking the bypass off its amazing

...thats what I like to hear!!

I don't want to take mine off either!

I'm down at Goodwood tomorrow for a photoshoot with GT Porsche magazine!

Very nice Rich; enjoy and post any good pics :thumb:

A rather nice one from yesterday:

d4ac53243dff3f230e7fec7885a0ab56_zpsjtffx708.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back