Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2015 £131k 493bhp 911 [991] GT3 RS announced

Happy days if you made the cut - I just hope their vetting process was/is robust enough to ensure enthusiasts like Nick W get the nod over the speculating chancers looking to turn a quick profit.

I had an interesting conversation with one of the sales guys while having my fez fettled and he told me that any dealerships that sell an 'exclusive' car that is subsequently flipped gets a right kicking from up high, including fines and loss of access to future exclusives. Ditto the flipper who will be blacklisted from future purchases...though we all know that money talks... :roll:

Evo , quick walk around with AP

Well done Nick, great to know someone who's got one so I can have a few laps in it :thumbs:

Looks one hell of a car.

anotherGT2 said:
Well done Nick, great to know someone who's got one so I can have a few laps in it :thumbs:

Looks one hell of a car.

Gav, have you moved AND bought another car? I must have missed your memo!

Senoj said:
anotherGT2 said:

Looks one hell of a car.

Gav, have you moved AND bought another car? I must have missed your memo!

:D

Yes mate. We made the move to be nearer family just before Christmas. South East wasn't going to work out for us long term for various reasons so we headed north. Extra car is a result of no longer having a mortgage, picking it up next week :)

I'll still be heading to all the usual events, will just be at less of the Fairmile type things :thumbs:

I had an interesting conversation with one of the sales guys while having my fez fettled and he told me that any dealerships that sell an 'exclusive' car that is subsequently flipped gets a right kicking from up high, including fines and loss of access to future exclusives. Ditto the flipper who will be blacklisted from future purchases

I hope OPC's have the same issue. Porsche want these cars to be used as designed, not stuck under a dust sheet in a collection. Well I hope thats the case anyway..!

Senoj said:

All good stuff, amusing to think that we collared him at Goodwood 2013,
he mentioned to us then, 4.0L, PDK and 520 bhp, and he hints at that kind
of output here. 8)

Congratulations Nick!
Well done :thumb:

Amazing :worship: Well done for getting a confirmed slot :thumbs:

The details look great; especially love the front arches! The vid' mentions the magnesium roof, I hope it doesn't try and eat itself like cup1 mag's do :-|

Congrat's again! V. jealous 8)

nick w said:
Senoj said:

All good stuff, amusing to think that we collared him at Goodwood 2013,
he mentioned to us then, 4.0L, PDK and 520 bhp, and he hints at that kind
of output here. 8)

Bloody hell ... hearing AP talk about that car makes me feel my car is a wheelbarrow in comparison... :grin:

Hi Nick

Good news on the car mate. Glad to see at least one of these cars will get used as intended :thumb:

What colour are you thinking, very limited at present orange looks favour to me but Mexico Blue would it, if available :grin:

Jon

Cunno said:
Hi Nick

Good news on the car mate. Glad to see at least one of these cars will get used as intended :thumb:

What colour are you thinking, very limited at present orange looks favour to me but Mexico Blue would it, if available :grin:

Jon

Thanks Jon, Gavin and to everyone else too, you're all most kind !. I've
configured the car with a request if possible to go for ''Voodoo blue''

:grin:

Attachments

• 991_gt3_voodoo_blue_291.jpg
    991_gt3_voodoo_blue_291.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 7,808
nick w said:
Cunno said:
Hi Nick

Jon

Thanks Jon, Gavin and to everyone else too, you're all most kind !. I've
configured the car with a request if possible to go for ''Voodoo blue''

:grin:

Yep that looks a good colour.
PS we are only being nice because we all want a go when you finally get it :friends:

I love that Evo video, gives a really good summary of the car. The grip levels sound totally out of this world. The 991 GT3 was a game changer, this will be a bigger step forward. totally totally bonkers.

Agree with Cunno on the pricing though. I cannot understand why Porsche didn't sell this at £180. It would still be sold out before launch, and would hopefully cut down on the speculators a little.

Fantastic car - Do Porsche still lose money building these like they used to?? ie - the GT2/3 and GT2/3 RS are partly about building halo products for the entire range..

Richyd said:
I cannot understand why Porsche didn't sell this at £180.

Agreed, although Porsche will be very aware of what these cars could have fetched in the UK, this 'value' price is all part of the plan I reckon to make it look even better against the rivals - the extra profit from the sale of so few cars wouldn't even register on Porsche's books.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back