Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2015 £131k 493bhp 911 [991] GT3 RS announced

Yup, that's spot on.. its speculator time.

Configurator now up.. 8)

nick w said:
Yup, that's spot on.. its speculator time.

Configurator now up.. 8)

So tardy of them though - the German site had it at lunch time :oops:

So wish I had ordered one 4 years ago too right now...

Kudos to Brendon Hartley on the microsite video for using the spoiler as a table to eat off of. I've done that with both of my GT3s - a testament to the versatility of a car thats purpose is to have your cake and eat it on road and track. :thumb:

Finally here! I'm not sure about the styling right now, I think it will have to grow on me. Once I see Chris Harris and a few others pawing it it will probably grow on me then.

Congrats to the lucky so and so who got one, you'll be popular at car meets!

Like the purple. That with gold wheels...

nick w said:
Thanks fellas for all the kind comments...it's been one hell of a day !.
The Porsche configurator was up after the press conference and rather
frustratingly it's not up anymore...it's probably crashed.

Apart from their 918 customers taking up 'their option' to buy the new car,
there were 28 other hopefuls...and luckily for me I got the nod, probably
because they know that I'm a certifiable lunatic.
I do need to configure the car reasonably quickly, and that'll be a load of
fun. I remember well, taking two weeks to sort out the spec on my 997
GT3 gen2...that cost me four extra months waiting time.

Delivery dates...they don't have a clue, but I feel it unlikely that i'll
get to see it till the early Autumn...just hope that it'll be late summer...

:thumb:

I really am buzzing, as that was some wait. :grin:

Excellent news! :thumb:

Lucky man nick, congrats you must be stoked.

Liking the car lots. Also loving the 675 long tail.

Roro said:
This pic is interesting, vents are the other way around to earlier GT3's

alp_0757.jpg

Air intakes for engine have been from the top grill previously (all variants).

This is the first time the side vents have been used for ram air engine induction (Turbo model vents, in comparison, are for intercooler air wash).

Now there is no "mechanical" reason for top forward facing vents, the repurposing to heat extraction (along with under wing grills) requires rear facing vents.

And no decals :dont know: . Perhaps with all the vents even Porsche thought it would be too much.

Lets just hope that the release of the 991 GT3 RS allows a trickle down of the older models to enable others to enjoy them.

Only one criticism, no stick :grin:

Pip

Don't really see the point of advertising since all the cars were effectively sold 4 years ago :dont know:

Actually the vast majority were sold when the 918 orders were taken, as
these customers (as part of the Porsche 'VIP Programme),are taking up the
option for a guaranteed RS build slot.
At the moment, what is left over is then allocated to those who beg or
blackmail the OPC's into... 8)

Perhaps this will change a bit later...as the demand is absolutely incredible.

I'm very envious of your fortunate position :mrgreen:

I would love one and would quite happily pay list given the opportunity but in reality this won't happen. The feeding frenzy brought about by speculators and extremely low volumes serves no one - mass produce the beggars and those that will appreciate the true value of the car will care nothing for how many others are made - IMO the future (or immediate :roll:) resale value of a car like this should be the very last consideration of a potential buyer...

Well there are a good few of us on here who take the view that 'you're a long
time dead'....I got rid of all my debt middle of last year, so yeah, I know that
I'm fortunate to be able to do it.

..Life's too short, had to be done. 8)

Awesome car, at a bargain of a price given the alternatives and how they stack up price-wise. Vantage GT3 anyone..??, oh, hold on, they only made about 3 of them and they're all sold to middle-east oil barons. What else can you get with this level of performance, history, design integrity, for anywhere near this price?

Speaking of which, it seems strange that it could be possible to get out of a 997.2 GT3 RS and into one of these and have enough change for a new Golf.. :eh!: (if you're lucky enough to be on the list)

Kinda wish I hadn't given up my place on the GT4 list now.....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back