Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Finding the owner of a plate

X4AJRN

Just in case anyone on here might know... A plate that I would be interested in was sold at a DVLA auction at the end of 2013.
As it doesn't appear on any of the Dealers websites, I would assume it was bought by someone using it themselves.
Is there anyway to find out who??

Stick it in "we buy any car" to see if it is on a car, or on retention, for a start,
If you find a way let me know :grin:

This is not great, BUT it will 100% work:

Make that plate up yourself, put it on your car, spend a day driving though speed cameras so fines get sent to the owner, fill up with petrol, take the plate off on the forecourt so yours is visable, drive off without paying.

When it all goes to court, the name and address of the real owner of the plate is bound to come up.

Give him a call and see if he will sell it you when you get your license back/get released.
:thumbs:

Just slip a bent copper £20.

alex yates said:
Just slip a bent copper £20.

LOL not any more dude, they have to quantify each PNC check !!!!

Nicholassssss may have some connections with the secret service as they have connections with Selfridges

infrasilver said:
Could you not place your interest with one or more of the plate sites and then maybe they'll notify the current owner, long shot though.

I do work for one of the big sites, they have no more power/ contacts than you and me

Waz said:
infrasilver said:
Could you not place your interest with one or more of the plate sites and then maybe they'll notify the current owner, long shot though.

I do work for one of the big sites, they have no more power/ contacts than you and me

I thought if there was commission available, they may have made contact with owners, long shot like I said.

Parking eye will probably acquire it for a fee.

clarkycat said:
This is not great, BUT it will 100% work:

Make that plate up yourself, put it on your car, spend a day driving though speed cameras so fines get sent to the owner, fill up with petrol, take the plate off on the forecourt so yours is visable, drive off without paying.

When it all goes to court, the name and address of the real owner of the plate is bound to come up.

Give him a call and see if he will sell it you when you get your license back/get released.
:thumbs:

Haha! Brilliant... if all else fails :bandit:

Waz said:
Stick it in "we buy any car" to see if it is on a car, or on retention, for a start,
If you find a way let me know :grin:

Tried that - no results shown... would that mean the plate is on retention??

The systems aren't always up to date and sometimes don't pick cars up, so could possibly be on retention.

Have you tried EVERYWHERE? or just done a few searches. May help if you post the plate, some search experts might find it.

Ok...
I think it was generally accepted that my first suggestion would indeed 100% work, albeit resulting in a prison sentence and/or driving ban.

However, in the absence of any other idea that will 100% find the owner of the plate, I will offer another way to find them that is less silly and contrived.

1, Go to a scrap yard and buy a wing mirror off any car, black plastic would be best as we don't know the colour of the car your plate is on.

2, Screw the mirror to the end of a cricket bat. Give it to a friend and send them out in their car.

3, Stand kerbside in a 30 zone.

4, Get you friend to drive past you at at least 70mph.

5, As he passes you, get him to scud you round the face with the mirror end of the 'wingbat'

6, Hey presto! ballistics will show the resulting facial trauma is a 70mph hit and run in a 30 zone.

7, When you wake up, tell the police (or write down) that all you can remember is the registration number.

8, At the ID parade, grab the microphone and shout out the registration plate and how much you would pay.

9, See if one of them moves or blinks or something.

HTH
:)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back