Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

internal window smear

Same here, I also had the same problem on my Alpina D3 BiTurbo coupe and never found out what caused it..... :dont know:

I have exactly the same on the first 1/5th of the passenger window. It's a light oil type smearing. A quick wipe sorts it but it's rather infuriating.

I haven't tried wiping the felt/rubber guide so will do that and see if that's the root cause.

I've cleaned the rubbers etc and to no avail. It is integral to the door.

Yes, same here; I have had it on both my 997's (Gen 1 + 2).

It is a pain in the hoop but luckily I have little or no cause to take my window down in NE Scotland :D

Lordglenmorangie said:
You are driving to slow, if you have time to look out of the side windows :thumb:

We need to have clear side windows to look out of when trying to control arm fulls of opposite lock on the way to work :puh:

megdog said:
I have the same on my car. I only use it as a weekend car so I don't mind cleaning it every now and then, but it is a bit of a puzzle. I do find that my car is very humid inside, probably because it sits in a cold garage most of her life and is hence a sod to demist on a cold evening. Perhaps the condensation in my car is causing it?

Cat litter inside a couple of socks should solve your humidity issue. Left in the car, obviously, not on your feet. :thumb:

Have the same here in Germany.

it isn't the rubber or the felt, really annoying when you have detailed the car and everything looks great for 5 mins until you lower the window to pay for parking......

i read a few forums and all point to lubricant from the motor mechanism.

Baldydaz said:
megdog said:
I have the same on my car. I only use it as a weekend car so I don't mind cleaning it every now and then, but it is a bit of a puzzle. I do find that my car is very humid inside, probably because it sits in a cold garage most of her life and is hence a sod to demist on a cold evening. Perhaps the condensation in my car is causing it?

Cat litter inside a couple of socks should solve your humidity issue. Left in the car, obviously, not on your feet. :thumb:

Have an old Audi TT which steams up all the time - have a 1kg bag of dessicant beads (about £10 on Amazon) in it - works wonders, even in the most humid winter weather. :thumb:

Attachments

• 51nxfgsm2l_162.jpg
    51nxfgsm2l_162.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 1,260
Thanks mkoenigsheim
In those forums, they didn't happen to mention a solution by chance?

Nope...

replacement of mechanism was the solution if you are covered.
I am not covered and I am loath to pull the for apart for this problem..

Baldydaz said:
megdog said:

Check the carpet on your door bottoms - is it wet? Better to cure the cause if possible!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back