Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 PSE Exhaust Hack aka the 'Gundo Hack'

Gundo

I did the hack myself. The hardest bit was getting the exhaust off.
I used 2 tubular elbows, the same diameter as the exit tube, welded into the blanked off hole. So I got exactly the same as a PSE except mine isn't switchable. But who ever switches it off anyway. :dont know:
If you bring your silencers and 2 ss elbows, I'll fit them for you.
Lancashire hills, between Bolton and Blackburn.

Hi,

Thanks for the offer but i have decided to go for an aftermarket exhaust with Valve control.

With a 'hack' does this have any effect on OPC warranty???

Re opc - they almost certainly won't like the exhaust hack.
As a small point of detail i am pretty sure the photo features a "banana" hack not a gundo. The gundo is a pipe welded in between the two existing pipes.
Both achieve similar results so it is a small point.

I have done the Gundo using 38 mm pipe after advice on here, slighty deeper on tickover and :D on WOT.
Not intrusive at all, but window down in a built up area you can here it bouncing of the buildings, since the Gundo i have fitted a Ramair cold induction kit and a K & N on WOT it sounds absolutely fookin wonderful :thumb:

Where do you get the elbows from? I have a friend who's a very good welder so going to ask him to do this for me. Will go for a 1.5'' 'hack' as I don't want anything too boy racer :D

coincidence, when last night I was filling up in the local petrol station, when an elderly gentleman came up to me and said "is your car alright?" I said yes I think so?? why?
he then said "because it sounds terrible"..............lol, my engine is very quiet, but I have the gundo/PSE hack and she does "burble" a little, and I only have the 1.5 inch bore, with teckart exhaust tips.
but to the uninitiated a flat 6 (boxer/Subaru type) do sound lumpy..
bless him.

Nick i can sort you out with a set of Gundo Boxes genuine OEM with Gundo pre done in any size you like, i would go for 38 mm.............pm me if interested.
£220 posted !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back