Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bling for the cayman

S A Watt

Call me daft but I just could not resist buying the Porsche fuel cap. Waiting for it to arrive from design 911. See link below

I know it's £105 and it's only me that will see it but it will look good.

Tried to find a second hand one but I think it's a bit like finding rocking horse s##t. Once people have it they don't give it up.

I could probably keep it for length of time I have the car ( years I hope)and then still sell it for 75% of new cost

As its a genuine Porsche accessory am I right in saying that my OPC will have no problem with this re my Porsche warranty which I'm looking to extend in April or should I take it off the day it goes for the check?

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod126708/Fuel-tank-cap-Aluminium-Look-Porsche-Boxster---981---991/

Have the genuine Porsche cap myself - don't really think it is blingy - looks like it was meant to be there in the first place. :lol:

Does not affect the warranty in the slightest. :thumbs:

Ah Im not the only crazy guy then.

Your right it's a pity we don't get it as standard.

I'm not into mods really but I think it will finish the car nice.

Thanks for the update on the warranty DRZ911 :thumb:

Porsche are pretty cunning - had the "alloy" cap for my 997.2. Took it off when I got my 991 thinking it would fit straight on as it looked similar. Alas not! :sad:

Ended up buying another "alloy" one for my 991 at £105, and got £72 for my old 997 one on Ebay. Just be careful to get one that fits your car. :D

I have been tempted with his until I saw the price, the fact that it is plastic and that it doesn't even come with a tether. So essentially you either craft one, hold it whilst filling up or place it somewhere.

Still like the look of it though.... :dont know:

Sixer said:
I have been tempted with his until I saw the price, the fact that it is plastic and that it doesn't even come with a tether. So essentially you either craft one, hold it whilst filling up or place it somewhere.

In reality, the plastic looks very much like aluminium alloy.

Both genuine caps that I have bought have come with tethers which are identical to the original factory fit.

DRZ911 said:
Sixer said:

In reality, the plastic looks very much like aluminium alloy.

Both genuine caps that I have bought have come with tethers which are identical to the original factory fit.

The problem is it doesn't feel very much like aluminium alloy.

And that's annoying at the price :

PS - mine came with tether too.

Mine arrives tomorrow so I will let you know what's in the box :thumb:

The cap arrived today and looks very well. Glad I bought it

It came with a tether

Great that you are pleased with the new cap. :D

It's one of those small Porsche details that makes even the mundane task of filling up with petrol an absolute pleasure. :lol: :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back