Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Now official, the £64k 3.8 litre 385hp Porsche Cayman GT4

Yes please.

:bandit:

Looks awesome and after watching the vid seems there's a lot of GT3 parts underneath to make it feel special...

Just went on configuration and came up at £80k with just a few "essentials" such as bucket seats, ceramics and PCM :eek:

mazza said:
Looks awesome and after watching the vid seems there's a lot of GT3 parts underneath to make it feel special...

Just went on configuration and came up at £80k with just a few "essentials" such as bucket seats, ceramics and PCM :eek:

Must be a 'proper' Porsche then?

So options then. What's "essential" ?

Appreciate this is very subjective, but some are generally desirable, others aren't, and being new to Pork, I'm not familiar with them all...

Hit me.

8)

Fulla said:
So how do we feel about the fact it uses a "normal" engine and not something "special" like the GT3's?
I will watch the Evo vid later so might get enlightend about the normal engine.

The world (in general, not forums), seems to have no issue with the 991 GT3 and 991 Turbo having the same basic engine as the Carrera and the Cayman.

As a confirmed 911 owner, 996 followed by 997.2 ( Both Cabs ) ..... I had a Cayman S as a loan car at recent dealership service. Only able to drive it for limited period ( I actually did circa 150miles ) I thought that it was the best car I had ever driven. WHY, because it was a total compromise.

The GT4 looks fantastic ( albeit I think the spoiler mechanism and some of those grills may be difficult to clean ) and I'm sure will perform with perfect manners.

I have had a lot of cars over 48 years of driving, the most enthralling being a GT40 ( now only got 4k miles registered ) and very much cherished.

Of all I have owned the 997.2 in my view is the best of the bunch and in "hairdresser" form a truly great way to travel ...... go chase the sun!

The GT4 was on my order list, but no more, I love driving and all drivers would say a sports car has to be manual. BUT, the Porsche PDK is something else. I will wait for the PDK version, and then buy a great track car that will I am afraid become the best Porsche sports car so far!

stumpy said:
So options then. What's "essential" ?

Appreciate this is very subjective, but some are generally desirable, others aren't, and being new to Pork, I'm not familiar with them all...

Hit me.

8)

Assuming that by "essential" you are asking what the resale market will want when a first owner sells it on - Pick at least these:
Full Bucket Seats [£1907]
64 Litre Fuel Tank [£0]
Clubsport package [£2670]
6 point belt for passenger [£284]
Cruise Control [£267]
Two Zone Climate Control [£518]
Smoking package [£0] {nothing to do with smoking - it is an extra in cabin power socket}
PCM [£2141]
Sound package Plus [£396 - required for PCM]
Mobile Phone Prep [£446]
Digital Radio [£324]

At this point, you already have £9k over list price.

Further to that you should pick something to uplift the interior - either paint, carbon or leather to the trim strips or centre console aren't stupid money - anything more than that is probably wasting cash though.

In addition to that you may want interesting colour paint (£588 for Metallic, £1595 for special colour or an expected £2800 or so for paint to sample)

Other options which you might like but which won't get you any extra love at resale are the Xenon headlights (which I would personally always have) at £477, the sport chrono timer which nobody ever uses but some people like the stop watch in the dash for £1085 and a round of drinks under £5k for the ceramic brakes if you aren't going to track much (or if you are - just on the Nurburgring).

As with previous GT cars, Clubsports will almost certainly be the most desirable yet rarest cars in the used market - if buying make sure that you get one.

Cheers.
Gave heard that special paint isn't available at the moment - only those listed on the configurator.
CS is far too expensive for what it is but the buckets are a definite.
Sports chrono too seems pointless.

Thanks

:thumb:

Very nice indeed!
Tried building one...over 70k!..for a Cayman!
I would possibly go for 997 Turbo/ S :eek:

Disco said:
PCM [£2141] but including Sound package Plus at [£396 - required for PCM]
Mobile Phone Prep [£446]
Xenon headlights [£477].

£3,460 of essentials

Add the £64,451 base price

Should that be £67,911 as a starting price....

Maybe I should change the title to real title of

"Now official, the £68k 3.8 litre 380bhp Porsche Cayman GT4"

Had a lil play around, spec'd one up to what i want and not what 2nd owner might want and gave up when it got to £80k

It does look good though (especially in yellow) and can see the side pods being offered in different colours in the aftermarket.

Would i spend the extra 30k on one and swap from a 996 GT3, then no i wouldnt, would rather just buy a ducktail spoiler and be done with mine

Been told I can't buy one!
I was nr 19 on the list it transpires (hadn't been told this previously) and they're only being issued 11 cars.

Pished off? Yup...

GT3 it is then!

Does anyone know what equivalent would be in the current line up or previous that would be the same as;
The gearbox

The suspension stiffness

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back