Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Had Test Drive.......AND

Andrew911

I've owned over the years three Porsches (a new Boxster S, 993 Cab & a 996 turbo which I sold a year ago) & have driven plenty of Porsches. When I decided to sell the turbo I didn't know what i wanted so have ended up with a 325d coupe. The beemer is fine, just a bit boring & 'soft'. So my dilemma is whether to get another 911 or try something different like the macan & in particular the turbo or maybe GTS version when its released. So, anyway off I pootled to Porsche Silverstone & they suggested I take out the macan Petrol S to get a 'feel' & would be nearer the turbo than the diesel.

So down to the test drive. Took it out & thought well.......AND. Then after an hour I started to really like it. I had a couple of hours of real mix of town driving into Northampton (big mistake as it was rammed), lots of A roads & a few twisties. I wanted to hate it so it would give me the excuse to get another 911. The interior is lovely – they have really come on a long way since my early Porsches I've had. It definitely felt like a Porsche & not just a dressed up Q5. It drove like a limo in comfort mode & then more sporty in Sport+. It has plenty of ooomph but not as quick as my turbo; but plenty of power for everyday driving with its 340 horses. Love the silky V6 – so smooth. I must admit I do miss a V6. I was really impressed. OK it doesn't look as pretty as a 911, but in one way I like the stealth like qualities of the macan. I think it will attract less undesirable attention than a 911 & in turbo or GTS (when they release it) form it will be quick enough to see off most things on the road. My wifey was away at the weekend so they suggested I have it for the day one weekend & we can go out together.

For those of you the macan will be your first Porsche I can honestly say it definitely drives like a Porsche. It's as lovely & sharp as the Porsches I've owned & the many 911 variants I've driven over the years. I was really impressed - even with the standard Petrol S version - the turbo must be awesome & I guess nearer to my previous 911 experiences. Very tempted.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back