Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT2 RSR vs Corvette - Amazing race with dramatic finish

Great race but I am afraid the Porsche driver saw the "red mist" at the end.
Pushing someone against a wall is plain wrong and dangerous. A real shame because the all race I was really enjoying watching the Porsche battle and at the end I thought ....what a stupid twat he is....If he didn't do that he could have been really proud of himself.

No different to the world of BTTC, but that's racing in the USA. :D

IIRC the end analysis was , both drivers did the same thing to each other, with Magnussen starting the process, who tried to spin Joerg and that Joerg spinning Mags was a byproduct of driving him towards the island wall. Whether right or wrong in those observations it doesn't really matter as both cars were guilty.

Note, IMSA agreed since both drivers got two race probation periods.

My take on it was the Corvette was doing a lot of rubbing and barging in the last few laps, so the Porsche did a bit of his own in the last few hundred yards. Poor driving, but the Corvette got what he deserved in the end. Great racing though.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back