Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What is the current delivery time for a new Macan

Andrew911

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi

As the title says. Just wondering what peoples experiences have been once placing a deposit; how long to wait & what deposit the OPC's have wanted. I guess any kind of dealer contribution is out of the question for such a high demand car.

Have yet to test drive one. I'am in no rush (just as well I guess). Just fancy a change. Have had 1 Boxster S from new (first gen), 993 cab & a 996 turbo & currently have a BMW 325d coupe. Not sure what to have next.

:) Hi I thought I would answer my own question but would help others thinking of a Macan. I contacted Porsche Cambridge - deposit of £3000 which is refundable up until they take details of spec etc for manufacturing. Delivery times they were uncertain, but reading between the lines over 12 months & anything up to 24 months.

Andrew911 said:
:) Hi I thought I would answer my own question but would help others thinking of a Macan. I contacted Porsche Cambridge - deposit of £3000 which is refundable up until they take details of spec etc for manufacturing. Delivery times they were uncertain, but reading between the lines over 12 months & anything up to 24 months.

World wide demand for the Macan has been far greater than expected, since there is no additional capacity at the Leipzig factory where the Macan is produced, at least 18 months is realistic waiting period.

Whilst excellent for residuals - it does seems strange that the capacity of these is around 50 000 whilst the Evoque (not a full competitor but similar target market) has a capacity of 100 000. Is there any word whether capacity will be increased in the future - clearly they have a real winner on their hands.

Looking on Autotrader there are around 30 macan's for those interested in jumping the queue. But prices are very steep.

I'am not really sure what to get next. My Porsche history has been new Boxster S (first gen), 993 cab & more recently a 996 turbo - all great cars. Current daily drive is a BMW 325d coupe - nice enough, but not that exciting. I am looking for a more exciting drive & something different; don't particularly need a lot of space (wifey has a big SUV). I guess I shall answer that when I test drive the macan in a couple of weeks.

If you don't really need the space and your wife has an SUV, are you sure you want to go down the Macan route? :?:

I placed a £1,000 deposit with OPC Tonbridge at their launch event and was told to expect delivery in September, i.e. 18 months. But I had a call just before Christmas to say that it is scheduled for a build date in April/May :thumb:

Evil_C said:
I placed a £1,000 deposit with OPC Tonbridge at their launch event and was told to expect delivery in September, i.e. 18 months. But I had a call just before Christmas to say that it is scheduled for a build date in April/May :thumb:

Did they say which April/May :?:

:grin: Looking forward to seeing it. :thumb:

securitycheck said:
If you don't really need the space and your wife has an SUV, are you sure you want to go down the Macan route? :?:

No I'am not sure I want to go down the macan route :? lol I get bored easily & like something different. For similar cash I could go new Caymen or 997 Gen 2 - both great cars. My wifey has a big SUV & soon to change that to a Disco 4, so don't need the space. However, we are likely to move to Scotland in 2-3 years & the macan seems to combine some 4 x 4 ability to cope with the dire weather, has a sporty ride, lovely interior & probably will attract less envious looks than owning a 911. It is a tricky one & still open. Have arranged a test drive soon which I'am sure will make up my mind.

Zermatt said:
Whilst excellent for residuals - it does seems strange that the capacity of these is around 50 000 whilst the Evoque (not a full competitor but similar target market) has a capacity of 100 000. Is there any word whether capacity will be increased in the future - clearly they have a real winner on their hands.

Leipzig builds the Cayenne, Panamera and Macan, back in 2010 Porsche produced just under 100,000 cars, whereas fro 2014 it is expected that they produced 175,000.

Capacity has been increased but there is only so far they can go, based on world wide demand, after all they are a limited volume producer.

I've put off a delivery slot twice now (indecision & finance factors).

I defy anyone not to want one after a test drive.

However it simply may not suit those who need a full size car as the rear headroom is not great... Also the options list is truly expensive. The car I would really like would have options adding over 30% to list price (gulp). Also the range of colours is not great at all. The nicest colour (to me) is the metallic red but they want £1,600 for that alone at which point I sooner add PTS, but that is not available!

One last point of note: there are three queues for the Macan:
1. The turbo
2. The petrol S
3. The diesel S
Once you are in one queue (I'm told this by OPC Reading) you can't switch to another, without going right to the back and starting again! If you can't decide which you want at the outset, but are cash rich, then three deposits would be where you need to start...

tim

I defy anyone not to want one after a test drive.

Interesting comments Tim. I'am really unsure what to have next. My wifey has a big SUV so I don't need the space; so on the one hand tempted to go for another 911 (maybe 997 Gen 2). I am curious about the macan - love the front, interior looks stunning & enough power even if i go for diesel S. Not absolutely sure about the rear but maybe if I sell a kidney a buy some rear Techart kit it would look better :) I'am test driving the diesel S next weekend. I want to hate it but reviews are excellent & you were obviously impressed with it.

You are also right about the expensive options list. Even being restrained its easy to notch up £10K on extras. I guess residuals will be strong.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back