Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Intermittent Xenon (N/S)

HDPete

Hi,

I have replaced the offside headlight unit, tray and wiring loom on my 2003 Cayenne S because the tray was broken, there were poor connections and the lens was fogged and not passing the MOT. £300 got me a new Xenon, tray and loom from an ebayer, which I thought was a cracking deal.

However (and I think this is unrelated to the replacement), the nearside xenon intermittently goes off, with dash warnings of Check Dipped Beam and Headlight Adjustment. I have checked the connections at the back and have sprayed contact cleaner into the plug and socket and it all seems a very snug fit.

The interesting part is the light only goes faulty under heavy acceleration.

I have also posted about poor starting / coolant leak / low battery power (?). Is it feasible that under heavy acceleration, the system voltage falls below 12v for the headlight to fail? (sounds mad, but true)

Or... is it something else, like a failing ballast pack?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Pete

Try pushing the head lamp in further by hand, sometimes the connector at the back of the lamp don't always seat all the way in.

as above the headlights are really a pain to get them properly seated and locked into position and until they are will keep on throwing errors you really need to push the headlights into the rubbers whilst turning the allen key and make sure you hear the loud snap as it locks into place you may think you have broken it but it should be fine ! :thumb:

Had same problem, light unit needed a good bang in ! Replaced the cradle like the OP.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back