Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997tt tracker required for insurance ?

steve baker

Nurburgring
Hi All,
Looking to purchase 997 turbo circa 07/08 plate, value £45-50k. Asked my existing insurer for a quote and want additional premium of £505 without tracker or £155 with tracker. Anybody insuring a turbo without a tracker fitted at a reasonable premium?

Steve

I had mine with Aviva, no tracker, drive way parking , it was £360/-. Had no points though. Put my other half who is an advanced driver :thewife: brought the premium down(never let her drive though) :puh:

Feed it to the meerkats in the first instance for a guideline and try some brokers. It shouldn't get problematic finding sensible cover without a tracker unless worth over £50k, but some places (probably including yours) have the cutoff at 40... It sounds like you will be cancelling and going elsewhere regardless though :?:

Disco said:
some places (probably including yours) have the cutoff at 40... It sounds like you will be cancelling and going elsewhere regardless though :?:

Yes I think you are right. I was thinking that if I pay £45k and only declare its value as £40k it makes no odds as unless its an agreed value they wouldn't pay out £45k anyway ????

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back