Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How not to drift a 991

Its a C4S , was'nt going that fast either :what:

There's another one on the YouTube page of an MX5 doing exactly the same in the same spot at a similar speed. Diesel?

Slayer said:
Its a C4S , was'nt going that fast either :what:

It's not the speed but the way he tried to put the power down in the conditions, classic fail :nooo:

Up hill, on a bend (coming out of bend with some residual suspension loading still on) in the wet still means a fully (40% nominal FWD torque) apportioned AWD will result in actual drive as biased significantly higher towards RWD due to the lack of weight over the front axle, lack of front axle traction and some steering lock/suspension loading decreasing the maximum possible drive possible from front axle to tarmac (in fact technically the 911 AWD biases RWD all the time, but transfers some additional torque to the front on loss of traction of the rear, the problem here being once the car decides to transfer the drive to the front, there is insufficient front axle traction - therefore it is still predominantly RWD and hence oversteers).

Basically the car was not settled at the point excessive power was attempted to be put down.

PSM can't render all the laws of physics (or Darwinism) void.

AWD won't save you if you're stupid. In this case it probably made it worse. The front end pulled him into the barrier. Would have been OK in a RWD car - he'd have just spun round 360 degrees and carried on his way. :grin: Personally I prefer the consistency of a RWD car because you know where you stand - I dislike the feeling of torque shifting from back and forth and things being taken out of my hands.

rottenbend said:
AWD won't save you if you're stupid. In this case it probably made it worse. The front end pulled him into the barrier. Would have been OK in a RWD car - he'd have just spun round 360 degrees and carried on his way. :grin: Personally I prefer the consistency of a RWD car because you know where you stand - I dislike the feeling of torque shifting from back and forth and things being taken out of my hands.

:yeah:

Plain to see that he caught the red / white strip and the front end was lost , all down ( up ) hill from there even at that slow speed.....

not much more to say ....

T

Gotta say, I feel a bit sorry for the driver - didn't look like he was trying to show off or anything. A dent and new rear cluster ? Could've been worse.......

Gutted, but I have to say gave it too much power coming out of the bend in the wet. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back