Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Singing the praises of the 911SC

carkid

Sao Paulo
In today's Classic Car Weekly newspaper:

Honestly who writes this *****!???...Have they done any research or are they quoting verbatim from 20 years ago??..I agree that an SC is a great car..but seriously...they don't rust!!! "you simply don't have to spend all your time and resources worrying about the body"...That's absolutely what you need to do. :eek:

Yep they do rust, I've got an 83 coupe in gaurds red with rust on the scuttle panel and other bits and bobs but its not rampant, that said I don't want a minter that I can't use. In fact I stripped mine out, took of the whale tail and the bumpets, lowered it and but some new 8 and 7 by 16 inch fuchs on it.

It now looks awesome and hold the revs nicely. Great car puts a smile on my face every time I drive it, and if I want to put it back to original all the bits are in the attic.

As for the rust I will live with it until it becomes a problem if it ever does, but then ill have a minter that I will be scared to drive!

I must contact the author of the CCW feature and ask him to find me a MOT'd SC for 8 grand......I'd have a couple

I must contact the author of the CCW feature and ask him to find me a MOT'd SC for 8 grand......I'd have a couple

While you're on, ask him where to get a concours example for £26k too :grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back